Priceline Hotel: Looking for Hotel in London at the end of June 07

panditjee
By panditjee,
in

Hi All,

I have flexibility with my air travel so I can choose to arrive in London on weekdays or weekends. My question is:

1. Is there a considerable difference in hotel rates and chances of getting them through priceline depending on whether we are looking for weekday or weekend accomodation?

2. A non- pricline question: From my experience I know that Hotels.com, Hotwire etc add a sizebale service fee to the hotel prices. Does anyone know which site has the least add-on fees when getting a hotel.

Thanks a bunch.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

1) The most important factor is demand on your particular dates... regardless of what day of the week it is. Best way to determine low/high demand is to check rates for various dates at the same hotel. If/when you see rates highest that is a higher demand day... lower rates indicate lower demand days.

2) Priceline and HOTWIRE fees usually come to up $7/day... you can book directly with the hotel for no fee, but that will usually cost you more than Priceline/Hotwire, even including their add-on fees.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

panditjee, in my experience with PRICELINE, the larger 4* hotels with conference facilities have more vacancy on weekends because during the week these large hotels customers come for business conferences and business travellers fill up thier hotels so I have found weekends way more easier to aqueire. Has anyone else found this to be true?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]