Hotwire Hotel: 3* NYC (Times Square-Theatre District) Paramount

acgrant1ms
By acgrant1ms,
in

I am trying to take my mom to the NY Liberty vs Chicago Sky game on Sunday, Aug 19th. With the availability of flights, it looks like the night of 18th and 19th are what we will do. Manhattan - any good area...midtown would be awesome, but anywhere else near a subway will work too. I tried, unsuscessfully to beat priceline last November...so I was hoping August might be better. Any tips?

Alicia

EDIT: FORGOT TO MENTION...WOULD LOVE TO GET 100 PER NIGHT. 3 OR 2 STAR ACCEPTABLE...AM I DREAMIN?

Not sure I would recommend any 2* hotel in NY, 3* is shakey. Keep in mind you may end up with a hotel like this.

(that hotel would meet your price point if it sounds good to you)

So it is safer to bid on higher star levels generally, $100 seems a bit cheap in any event. For August there have been some 4* wins around $140 if your willing to raise your max bid. You can start bidding right now if you want, make sure you read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained for a 2* I would start around $70 or so, and work your way up in $5 or $10 increments. Perhaps start at $90 for a 3*.

sorry for the delay, was out of town. i think i will give it a couple of more weeks to book airfare...fares are high at the moment. maybe there will be a drop. chicago was going to be the backup trip, but we have decided def. NYC. i am 90% sure that we will arrive on aug 18 and depart aug 20. i didnt know if i should give up before i started...but we would be thrilled with a 3 star...so bidding asap after we confirm dates. i will post again after dates are definite (this week). thanks so much

Alicia

Just want to add I'm bidding for August as well, in my case 8/25-8/31 am up to about a $150 for midtown with no luck, I decided to book the Beekman Tower as a backup for $174 via EasyClickTravel. Looking at last year, the decent bargains were about a month or less out, so I'm going to concentrate bidding in July though I'll probably try some more conservative bids every couple weeks till than. From looking over the bids from last year it seemed $130-$140 as quite doable for a 4* in August, so hoping this year will be good as well.

I am finding decent packages through my Am Ex travel site. US Air has cheap flights into LGA, although I had originally planned on EWR for the cheap train ride into the city. I don't know whether to just go ahead with booking the entire thing, or waiting. I also could just book the flight and attempt the priceline until closer to travel date. So, Beekman is good for cancellations? I may do the same...

We were originally planning to travel on Saturday morning, August 18th...and return Monday afternoon, August 20th...it was going to save one night hotel and fares were cheaper. Now that fares are down...I'm thinking about adding the Friday night...will the hotel be much more expensive? I assume that the rate would be same as Sat night.

Just don't want to screw anything up. Should I go ahead with the cheap LGA? Or is it likely EWR will go down?? AHHHHH!!!!

I just went ahead with the 217 into LGA...so I just need to focus on hotel now. Sorry...I just stress when there are so many decisions! So...I just need a hotel on night of August 18th & 19th. I would like to stay in 3 star in Midtown...by trying the Priceline route first. If I don't have luck, I will book the HOTWIRE 3star at the rate of 119. Thank you for all your help...any advice for bidding is appreciated.

and by the way...i wanted to stay around 150 (with taxes, fees) per night if possible. you guys are the best...thanks again.

Alicia

With the 3* in Times Square likely being the Paramount or the Crowne Plaza, let us know if these properties are ok for you, as that will help set the upper bounds of your bidding. In addition to the above, there is a $139/nite hotel on HOTWIRE for $139/nite (likely the Hudson Hotel).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have checked these hotels, and they sound just fine. I would have been very grateful to have these rates back in November :) . This area is awesome, and as a backup (other areas) we could stay farther south (near Madison Sq. Garden - going to a game).

Please let me know if there is any more information you will need from me. Thank you.

Alicia

I will preface that rooms at the Paramount are small and three people in their rooms probably violates their occupancy policy as well as fire codes.

If you want to try priceline, you have one re-bid zone at the 3 star level. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* MTE...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTS...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTW...

Select 3* UM/CPS...

Select 3* MTE and MTS...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE and MTS and MTW...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE and MTS and UM/CPS...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE and MTS and MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $119.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks so much for the strategy. Tried last night and all bids rejected, however, I did have two times that Priceline offered to let me up my bid by $22 immediately after a rejection (didnt do this). These were on 110 bids. I will try again tonight. I am very hopeful. I will post again soon with results.

Alicia

The above stopped at $119 because of the HOTWIRE offer at that price, but that no longer appears to be available on a HOTWIRE search i just tried. So assuming you are willing to go up to $132 you can try again as follows (24 hours after your last rejected bid):

Select 3* MTE and MTS...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTW and MTS...

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE and MTS and MTW...

Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE and MTS and UM/CPS...

Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE and MTS and MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $132.

Any question feel free to ask.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have gone ahead with the Hotwire 3* at 119 per night. I did book via the HOTWIRE link on this site. I will post in Hotwire forum as well. I may have gotten lucky closer to time of travel, but I was getting antsy. Thanks for all your help! Again, I am saving the strategy you laid out for future travel.

Alicia

Congratulations on your success... glad to hear you found something within your budget and for which you're happy with the results.

Can you please add the amenities that were shown prior to your purchase. You can still view these by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link neaer the top right of their home page.

... and thanks for uisng our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]