Priceline Hotel: 4* San Diego (Downtown-Harbor Island) Manchester Grand Hyatt

luckyg
By luckyg,
in

WE are heading to San Diego for one night...May 23, 2007. Was very succesful using savingsbarn.com link to PRICELINE to get a hotel in NYC recently and would like to find something in San Diego.

We are planning on a trip to the Zoo and meeting friends near the Convention Center. There are 3 adults staying in the room. I don't have quite a fix on the rates in the area. I did do some research on other sites... Expedia, cheap hotels, and priceline, but not knowing the area makes it difficult to figure this out.

Would like a 3 or 4 * but would be okay with 2.5* if a really really good deal.

Looking for something in LA- West Hollywood area for the next 3 nights. 5/24-26.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please use separate threads for each leg of your stay. We'll use this thread for your 5/23 stay... feel free to start a NEW TOPIC for your 5/24-5/27 (3 nites) stay.

First obstacle is that priceline only guarantees double occupancy and you'll be three. You could receive a room with only one bed (and potentially now space for a rollaway or a hotel that does not have rollaway beds). Is this something that you're comfortable with?

If not then priceline may not be an option. HOTWIRE does allow you to search for up to quad occupancy, but it all depends upon your comfort level.

See the related link(s) in our PRICELINE FAQ and then let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for getting back to me. I knew about the double occupancy but just figured I could get/pay for a rollaway. I didn't imagine a room wouldn't have room for a rollaway...

I guess if I could really low ball it then I could get 2 rooms or take my chances.

I would like to proceed...

(As far as Hotwire, I have spent so much time trying to figure out Priceline that I don't know if I can bear to try to figure out Hotwire)

HOTWIRE is pretty easy as you do a search and they tell you the prices (and then you/we can try to figure out the hotels you're being offering)

To proceed with priceline, which zone(s) are you willing to bid (for the one nite stay on 5/23)? What is your maximum bid? Are you willing to pay more for a 4* vs. a 3* or are you seeking the least expensive 3* or better hotel for this nite?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Did some research. There seems to be only one 2.5 * in San Diego zone. The holiday Inn Harbor View. Is that correct? It seemed fine, location wise. So I could try cheap for that.

Also, not sure about the 3* Best Western Hacienda so maybe I should stick with 4* to start. I probably don't want to spend more than $150.

As far as price, I obviously want the cheapest but don't really now where to start?

Yes, i meant San Diego and not Los Angeles.

San Diego is a region which priceline divides into zones. You select the zone you're willing to stay in. For example, the Holiday Inn Harbor View is in the (Downtown-Harbor Island) zone... and there is certainly more than one 2.5* (as per the Priceline Hotel List) in this zone (and certainly many more within the entire region of San Diego).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]