Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (Convention Center-Capitol Hill) Hyatt Regency

Tommy135
By Tommy135,
in

Hello,

i am looking for a 4* hotel in Washington DC from 12/28 - 12/31. After that i want to return to New York for New Years Eve, because i think New York has a lot more to offer on new years eve than Washington, or am i wrong? Otherwise i would consider staying 1 night longer in Washington.

Hotwire shows me 2 available Hotels in the White House - Capitol Hill area.

The first is 4* with the amenities: Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Golf

This seems to be Hotel Monaco for 99$

The second one is 3,5* with amenities: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business

This seems to be Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill for 84$

On priceline both hotels are in the 4* category. I guess even if i bid more than 84$ i would still get the Hyatt and not the Monaco.

I guess there is no way to get the Monaco via priceline and i would always get the Hyatt and not the Monaco.

What do you think i should bid for the Hyatt? I read the Hyatt charges for using their pool 14$, wifi seems to be complemetary in the Monaco.

Hotel Monaco seems to have a better location compared to the Hyatt, but if i am not sure how much more the location is worth.

Thanks

I guess even if i bid more than 84$ i would still get the Hyatt and not the Monaco.
Not necessarily, but it can get complicated, so i'll try to keep it as simple as possible and use ficticious numbers to create an example.

Priceline will award you the hotel that has loaded a rate into their system equal to or lower than your bid amount. So let's assume the following rates loaded by each hotel:

Hyatt

$84, $89, $96, $100, $105

Monaco

$99, $102, $104, $106

So using the above example, if you were to bid anything less than $99, you would receive the Hyatt (since your bids are not high enough to be accepted by the Hyatt). If you bid $99, you would receive the Monaco, but bid just $1 more and you'd receive the Hyatt... continuing on, if you bid $101 you'd also receive the Hyatt, but $1 ore at $102 and you would receive the Monaco. :)

Bottomline is that if you want the Hotel Monaco i think you would be better off going with HOTWIRE. If you're fine with either than you can try to beat the best price by using priceline... let us know your thoughts and your maximum bid and we'll advise accordingly.

On a slightly separate note, expect NYC for New Years Eve to be EXPENSIVE!!.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the answer.

I have a cancelable reservation for the Park South Hotel in NY 12/31-1/1 for 159$. For the date it's a great rate.

About Washington i would like the Monaco more.

Both hotels seem to be fine, but the Monaco has free wifi, free pool, free wine in the afternoon and a better location. Everything seems to speak for the monaco, only the right price would make me want to take the Hyatt.

What would you suggest and what price is realistic?

When it comes to bidding i will definetly use you PRICELINE link!

70-75$ would be my maximum for the Hyatt if the Monaco price will stay at 99$. Better Location and all the free things are worth 25$ per day.

Is this realistic?

From the pictures i saw i liked Hotel Monaco, too bad there aren't any candid photos on tripadvisor where you can see the rooms at....

Then maybe you'll consider adding any past and future photos you have to our own sister site, Real Hotel Photos

At the 4* level you have four re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Capitol Hill...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75.

If the above is rejected then take the HOTWIRE offer.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was succesfull for 68$ per night.

Yesterday i tried 60 and 65, today i started at 66 and then 68 and was accepted.

Got the Hyatt as expected!

This morning i read a lot about the basement rooms in the monaco which scared me a bit, so i decided to give the Hyatt a try and for 68$ i defintely can't complain, compared to hotwire i save 16$ more per night.

Was also asked if i want to extend my stay, but i think NY on New Years Eve has more to offer, even if i have to pay 100$ more for the hotel!

Thanks a lot for your help, used savingsbarn.com PRICELINE link

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]