Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (USW) Clift Hotel

bennyisles
By bennyisles,
in

My First Hotel win using priceline (today, 24 April 2007) and the first time i have seen this hotel mentioned as a possibility:

Bids 1-6: USE and re-bids all rejected up to 100

Bid 2: $90 including USW with USE - REJECTED

Bid 3: $100 USW, Cat. Hill, USE - ACCEPTED

The price is a little higher than the ones i have seen on the forum (although i haven't seen any for June as yet) and the hotel Clift hasn't come up at all so is hard to tell if good value.

However, the lowest price anywhere for a standard room at the Clift is US$245 per night so seems like a damn good deal from that perspective...Even if i would have preferred USE for the BART access :)

Also, as previously mentioned in my recent OAK car hire win, i am bidding from Australia and had no problems registering and paying using my AMEX and using CA 99999 as my fake US home [as a side note, for overseas bidders, priceline.co.uk works even easier, as it seems to take any address at all and you simply halve your bid in UK pounds because of the current exchange rate of 1pound=$2USD]

Thanks to Better Bidding for all of the tutorials and i will load up some reviews when i get back.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]