TX Dallas Radisson Market Center-Love Field

candigirl
By candigirl,
in

Stayed at this hotel Saturday, April 18th. First of all, it looks like a prison from outside. Aproximately 11 stories tall is the "tall tower", maybe 6 in the short tower. Some parking in front of and on the sides and back of the hotel, but when we parked in the back, the entry doors were locked and the hotel key did not work. The underground parking lot is a little scary, and has no elevator, you have to trek up steps with luggage. The restaurant on the 1st floor looked like a Furr's Cafeteria. It was very hard to find the elevators. Our 6th floor room was dark, with burgundy VELVET drapes, and peeling wallpaper in a matching shade of ugly. The bathroom was small and dark. The carpet was wet in front of the ice machine. Our room key was given to another guest who walked in on us! Someone was smoking pot down the hall and the smell wafted into our room! All of the views are of nothing! The comfort number bed didn't work. This place is just a big ole mess, and this is after the "remodel". I paid less at the Hyatt Reunion, and The Doubletree hotels and had MUCH nicer rooms and people. I honestly do not know how this hotel got a 3 star rating. PL cost was 87.00. Watch out for the 3 star in the Love Field zone, or you could end up here!!!

• 1 month later...

Stayed June 5, 2007; $40 Winning bid.

The renovations seem to be nearing completion. The pool was not yet completed during my stay, but I have no need for a pool. The business offices were also being updated, but I don't care about that, either.

I was placed in a double-double in the tower without requesting it. That may be the default Priceline assignment for this property. I'm indifferent between a double-double and a king, but I know it makes a difference to some people. Try asking for a king if you want it -- can't hurt.

Staff was friendly and helpful. I arrived early -- around 1:00 p.m. Had to wait 30 minutes for a room. Disappointing, but not unexpected.

This hotel has seen better days, but has all the services one would expect from a 3* property. Sleep Number beds as expected in a Radisson. My room had a beautiful view of a nearby freeway, but no noise. Used the fitness room; it certainly met expectations. I like to take a run in the evening or morning. Beware, you can find yourself in a nasty neighborhood in a hurry! The hotel had lots of meeting space, but no meetings the first day I was there.

Bottom line: Great location near airport and freeways for getting around. Deserves 3* rating, but barely. If you can win this for $40 / night, know that you have won a decent value.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]