Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC June 9th - June 14th (5 nights)

NYCBhoy
By NYCBhoy,
in

Hi Guys

First of all, just found the site today and loving it!

Anyway, trying to book a nice hotel for a short trip to NY in June. I lived there for 4 years previously so know the city well. Pretty happy to be anywhere central (MTE, MTW, MTS, UM).

Tried the bidding / re-bidding strategy as outlined on the site and bid up to around 190 without any joy.

Any tips / suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks guys.

Can you make a cancellable reservation (like through www.Quikbook.com) at a place you wouldn't mind staying in and then come back to priceline for nearer your date.

I was up to $197 a night for 4* on Priceline for May last week, then left it and a 4* for $150 today. It is important to have a fall back if you're going to wait it out on priceline.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

What is your maximum bid for this stay?

Are you willing to SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID? If so the Beekman Tower has a Studio suite available for $192/nite for all nites of your stay except for the last nite.... the 1BR suite at $214/nite is avaialble for your complete stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I could probably go to 220 a night average, but was obviously hoping to snag a bargain! Prices seem to be pretty high in June from what I am seeing.

I did however notice an offer on Expedia which was for flights (from Alicante in Spain to NY) plus 5 nights in the Hudson for a little over $2000 dollars. Considering flights alone will probably cost me around 800-900 dollars, that seemed like a good deal. Although maybe people here would tell me otherwise??

As for splitting my bid, I never thought of that to be honest.. Maybe I will try that to see if it yields any success.

Anyway, great site!

For how many poeple are you searching for?

When you mention "5 nites in the Hudson" is that the Hudson Hotel in NYC?

When searching for one travel i see a rate of $2147... if you deduct the $900 for airfare you're left with roughgly $1250 towards hotel costs... or $250/nite for a 3* hotel.

Do i have the details right?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just for one person. Traveling alone this time.

And yes, that does sound about right. The Hudson Hotel in the city. I always thought it was a 4* for some reason..

All other sites seemed to have the Hudson at well over 300 a night when trying to book a room without the flight. Although come to think of it, the flight plus room deal was for a petite room and I think trying to book a room on it's own was for a queen or something..

What were your thoughts about the Beekman Tower mentioned in this post above?

That would bring your average cost to $196/nite. There is no booking fee, so equal to about a $190/nite priceline bid. If this is acceptable we could then use this as your maximum bid. (it should be noted that the Beekman is not listed as a 4* hotel, but the reviews are so good that i would consider it over some 4* rated hotels)

Let us know your thougths and we'll take it from there.

I would rather not be so far East to be honest. When I lived in NY I lived all the way over on York Avenue and I know that it is a bit of a hike from around the UN into the middle of the city.

I wouldn't rule it out, but if I could find something more central (in terms of east / west) then that would be my preference.

Thanks!

I would try as follows:

You have two re-bid zones available when bididng 4* in NYC. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Select 4* MTS...

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS and MTS...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTS...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTS and MTW...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $205, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $210, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTW and MTS...

Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $205, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $210, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTS and UM/CPS and MTE...

Bid $215, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $220, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $225, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously

Select 4* MTS and UM/CPS and MTW...

Bid $215, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $220, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $225

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]