Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) InterContinental

athtrasna
By athtrasna,
in

What is your maximum bid?

Have you considered using other zones besides MTE? NYC is very compact, and mass transit cheap and readily available, that most midtown locations work fine for the average visitor (although i suspect you'll still need to increase your bid sometwhat)... or is there a reason you're confining yourself to only the MTE zone?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Tonight (access as usual)

MTE $187

MTE & UES $191

MTE, UES & UWS $197

closed browser

same sequence with MTW

closed browser

MTE & MTW - $201

all rejected. Hotel needs to be around here due to travelling friends in same area (ideally MTE). Should we quit and try again in a week or so or give up?

Have cancellable reservation in Hotel Mela at $237 per night as backup.

How about the Affinia Dumont thru Quickbook for $225/nite?

It's non-refundable but the reviews are excellent and is one of the top rated hotels in the city (according to the previous link). Not sure where on the Eastside you need to be, but the 4-5-6 train should get you up and down the east side wiht ease from this location.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your win!

Glad to hear of your success! This is an EXCELLENT rate for this time of year!

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and for using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

PS- i haven't mentioned it in awhile, but not too far from this hotel i'd recommend breakfast one day at Ess-A-Bagel (Third Ave at 51st St)... one of the best bagels in NYC and makes for an inexpensive breakfast (counter service but they have tables you can sit at along with the other local NYers)

Thanks thereuare! Hubby is travelling solo on this trip :) but I'll pass on the breakfast tip.

We've stayed in the Barclay before and I'm now even more disappointed at not being able to travel, it's a great hotel. And the rate is less than we paid in January last year ($189) so we're very happy.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]