Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTS) rejected

sylvaine
By sylvaine,
in

Hotwire is showing a 4* in MTS for $158, 07/07-07/10/0

Amenities listed are:breakfast, fitness, business and restaurant.

It's also listed as 3.5 satisfaction on tripadvisor

The Hotwire hotel list doesn't show a matching property for these amenities but the Breakfast icon and the cross-reference info with tripadvisor makes me think it stands a good chance to be the Morgans. What do you guys think?

I also bid MTE, and used UES and UWS for rebids.

Ultimately, I want to be either in MTE or MTS. I've never stayed at the Morgans. Traditionally, I've found prices to be lower in MTE than MTS. I go to NYC every year for the Fancy Food Show and prices seem to be trending high this year (looking at the range of convention hotels that I just received). I would be happy to get a 4* in either MTE or MTS around $150; not sure I could get better than that, realistically.

Maybe I should just book that Hotwire 4* in MTS, and the mystery surrounding that property will be solved for all of us?...

Besides the Morgan, which other property comes to your mind that could fit the amenities and the zone?

Not sure if you're opposed to splitting your stay, but if the same hotel appears on HOTWIRE for the last nite and then again for the first two nites... purchase the last nite in order to reveal the hotel. If you like the deal then purchase the other two nites... if not you can book a cancellable back-up at the Eastgate Tower thru quickook for just $135/nite (the last nite of your stay is $198, bringing a 3 day stay at this property to $156/nite, if that interests you... reviews are good too)

You could also book the Eastgate Tower as a back-up and wait out the above... hopefully gaining further insight (maybe somebody will purchase this between now and July) or you can give it shot and let us know.

Thanks in advance for using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase(s). If you do make separate purchases as suggested above, please use our HOTWIRE link for each purchase (ie- return here after the first purchase and click the link again to begin the second purchase).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm not crazy about splitting my stay (just don't want the hassle during a short business trip) but you must have read my mind about the Eastgate Tower; I was thinking about it as I've stayed there several times and like the property/location. I used your Quikbook link to book it as a backup. The rate is decent (much better value than the convention hotels) and maybe something even better will come along in the next three months.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]