Priceline Hotel: What's the right time and strategy for didding Vegas Sept07

wusel
By wusel,
in

Hi there,

I'll stay in Las Vegas from 9/25 to 9/27 this year.

I'm looking for a 4-star hotel at the strip. How much in advance would be wise to do the priceline bidding? Is it too early or would it be a good idea to bid right now?

If I wait with bidding, I'll book the NYNY as backup for 159 USD through the nyny website. Is there any chance that I get a 4-star room at the strip for around 100 USD trough priceline?

1) Please follow-up your Priceline Mariposa thread if you made any bidding attempts and whatever you ended up doing for that stay

2) Please follow-up your Priceline San Francisco thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay

3) Bump this thread after replying to each of the above threads and we'll have a look at the above. In the meantime, if you do book the NYNY please use this previous link to do so (or that in our support page as it helps support this site... although i think there will probably be other/better options, which we'll address after you reply to the above)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi there,

1) I have made reservations for yosemitee area without using priceline. I've now posted a reply in this thread that says this.

2) I'll use priceline for San Francisco, but its obvious too early to get a good price through priceline. I'll follow up that thread as soon as I have any news regarding this topic.

3) I hereby bump this thread :)

Yes, I made some tries for SFO 3-4 weeks ago, which were not sucessfull.

I'll try again this or next week and post the results (even if not sucessfull) in the other thread.

The Alladin maybe a good option, but I think this site maybe under heavy construction. From Summer 07 the Alladin is (according to my informations) called "Planet Hollywood". So there might be some construction work even in September.

Nobody knows what phase of construction the Aladdin will be at 6 months from now, which is why i at least suggest booking it as a back-up and you can make a decision as your dates get closer. Once the name change takes place maybe it becomes an "in" place and you'll have locked in a super deal... if it's a "dud" you can always cancel and stay at an alternate back-up.

As well, if you woldn't be happy staying at the Aladdin, i don't think you should bid on Priceline. Since it is a reproted 4* hotel in the Strip zone (the zone you'd be bidding) there would be a chance of you receiving that property on a successful priceline bid.

Besides NYNY, there is also the Monte Carlo for $150/nite (which also currently has construction) and MGM Grand for $170.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi there,

I thought about it and you are right. Maybe the Alladin is a good idea for a backup.

I've looked around on the easyclicktravel-site and the off-the-record offer for alladin you mentioned. But I couldn't find anything about the cancelation policy and cancelation fees. Do you know whats the policy or where I can find it?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]