Priceline Hotel: Help-where to stay

drewsmom
By drewsmom,
in

Hello

My husband and are are planning a weekend in July (preferably the 8-10, but are flexible). Reading through the site I'm getting lots of great advice on bidding, etc -- but am not sure even what area to narrow in on for a search. We are planning on seeing a show one night that is on west 46th, but otherwise don't have anything to be tied to. Neither of us have been there before and so we'd like to do some of the touristy stuff --just don;t know what areas let alone specific hotels to look at-- and there are so many! We'd like to stay as nice as possible, but $200 or less per night. ANy thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I have written a piece which describes all of the NYC ZONE DESCRIPTIONS and you may want to give that a look, but most 'tourists' and first-time visitors are usally fine with the MTE, MTW, and UM/CPS zones.

I think you should be able to get a hotel within your budget, but you'll first need to know and understand PRICELINE RE-BIDDING. At the 4* level you'll have two re-bid zones available, please read the previous link and feel free to ask any questions you may have and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board.

Once you agree that the above zones are acceptable and you understand re-bidding, we'l suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]