Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (MTS) Affinia Manhattan

rhennosy
By rhennosy,
in

All hotels reported to the board would be found in the Priceline Hotel List for this area.

Is MTW the only zone you're willing to stay in? NYC is very compact and mass transit readily available that most midtown locations work well for most people. If budget is a primary concern, i'd suggest expanding the number of zone's you're willing to accept.

I'd also caution against low rated hotels in NYC... you may get something that your thrilled with... but you may also get something somewhat less than desirable.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Are you looking for the least expensive 3* or better hotel within the three zones above... or did you want to bid up to your limit for the UM/CPS zone, then up to your limit for the MTE zone, etc, etc?

Given NYC is so compact and mass transit cheap and readily available, most would choose for the least expensive hotel in any of the zones you've listed, but it's your stay so let us know your thoughts and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 3* level in NYC you have one re-bid zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* UM/CPS...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTW...

Select 3* MTS...

Select 3* UM/CPS and MTE...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTW and MTS...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* UM/CPS and MTS...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE and MTW...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* UM/CPS and MTW...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE and MTS...

Bid $105, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* UM/CPS and MTE and MTW...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* UM/CPS and MTE and MTS...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* UM/CPS and MTE and MTW and MTS...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

This is a very neat system you have for getting hotel rooms. It takes a few minutes to learn and some patience, but I think it can pay off.

I bid up to $125 with no luck. I will have to think about my limit. I wonder if there is some big event in town driving up the price or maybe my expectations are out of line.

Thanks for your help.

Is staying Jersey City an option for your?

I believe the Jersey City Hyatt is available within your budget... there is a PATH train that can take you to downtown Manhattan in 8 minutes (midtown in ~18 minutes) and rooms have a view of the NYC Skyline (either uptown or downtown).

The hotel gets very good reviews (you can read some in our Hotel Review section as well as lots of pictures of the property at our sister site Real Hotel Photos)... but you do lose some of the "NYC vibe" of actually staying in the city.

If this is an option let us know and we'll advise accordingly. If you want to revise your maximum bid let us know your new figure and we can suggest accordingly (i don't think you're too far off). Your maximum bid should be based upon what you'd be spending if you weren't successful with the opaque suppliers.

Let us know your thoughts on the aboave or if you have any questions.

Jersey City is tempting, but it is my wife's first visit to NYC and I think it will be worth it to put her in the city. Maybe for future visits I will look into Jersey.

I am thinking about booking Hotel 373 on 5th avenue as a backup. It is across from the Empire State Building. Travelocity has it for $147 a night. It is recently refurbished and is listed as 3*. In the photos it looks comparable to the W on Lexington, but I think that one is 4*, so maybe not.

I guess that would put my new limit at $150 per night.

Do you have a revised strategy?

Thanks, I love the site and tell everyone I know about it.

Rich

Before bidding again, if you're willing to go up to $150, i would consider pushing it another $10 and consider booking the Affinia 50 thru Quickbook for $162/nite as it is one of the top 10 ranked hotels in NYC.

Note that it's in the MTE zone (not one of the zones you've bid above) but it's near three different subway lines and should be convenient for a first visit to NYC.

Would this work for your plans? You could try to bid hgher than you have previously, but i think you're getting to the point where for about an extra $20/nite you can know exactly what you're going to get... and thank you'll be quite pleased with it!

If you do choose to book this please use our Quickbook link to begin your purchase.

Let us know your thoughts.

You can try again as follows:

Select 3* UM/CPS...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTW...

Select 3* MTS...

Select 3* UM/CPS and MTE...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTW and MTS...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* UM/CPS and MTS...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE and MTW...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* UM/CPS and MTW...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE and MTS...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* UM/CPS and MTE and MTW...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* UM/CPS and MTE and MTS...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* UM/CPS and MTE and MTW and MTS...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150

Any questions feel free to ask

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Thanks for the help.

I got Affinia Manhattan on 7th for $130 per night 3/3 3/4.

I followed your plan and picked up at the $125 price and all zones were declined. I was declined again at $130 for Central Park and MTE, then accepted at MTS.

We are looking forward to the trip. Great price from Jet Blue ($100 roundtrip each) from Columbus to JFK puts our total travel and hotel expenses at $515 for the weekend.

Rich

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]