IN Indianapolis Hilton Downtown

irishrose
By irishrose,
in

Stayed at the Hilton Sunday night for $36 through Priceline. Had an awesome time. Will always bid downtown from now on! Staff never mentioned priceline and even gave us 4 free breakfast buffets and a free in room movie. This hotel is nice wonderful! Thanks for everyones input for bidding in Indianapolis!!

p.s. self park for hotel is now $19. Worth it...parking ticket downtown Indy is now $20!!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I am so glad you had a great time!! Aren't they just the greatest???

We had a wonderful time!! I did note the change in parking prices when I got there on Wednesday the 9th (Hey, did we JUSt miss each other or what????). We just waited for Friday and then had free parking in the lot out back!

The staff was so incredible, as usual! They had champagne delivered to our room for our anniversary!! We ended up using it for our carriage ride the next night. I was SO BUMMED however with all of the high school kids that were there come Thursday night. :) It wouldn't have bothered me so much at all, but my husband left our camera in the business center and one of those little ..well..I can't say what I want to say!!!... PURPOSEFULLY deleted ALL of our anniversary pictures from our whole stay!!!!! We got our camera back on Sunday (left it there Saturday night), and when we got to the Colts game I realized all of the pictures had been deleted.

Everyone thought I was crying because the Texans were losing..Nope..LOL ..although I should have been!

The kid who did this however, took a nice picture of the desk in the business center and the picture is of their airline information and American Airline flight info as well as a letter from International Travel stating the name and address of the high school band!!!!! DOH! My husband was like.. let it go..but you know, I feel like wringing someone's neck for doing such a HORRIBLE thing to someone else. I can't get those memories back and in 20 years when I can't remember my name or where I live they would have come in handy! haha!

It was great however..Did you see Minnie Me? Vern was staying at the hotel along with an entourage of midgets (POD Pissed off dwarf included). The Houston Texans stayed there Saturday Night. We had to check out on Saturday, but even so, I have to tell you it was the BEST time I have had in so long in Indianapolis.

What a great hotel.. what fantastic staff. They truly made our stay memorable!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Stayed here for 3 nights over new years. Paid $55/nite thru priceline. Dec 29, 2006-jan 1, 2007

Missed the entrance to self park, and had a ton of bags, so used valet. Valet is $22/nite, self park is $19, so not a huge difference. But was disappointed to find out other hotels within a block or 2 of the hilton only charge between $10-12 for self park- Radisson was $12 for self park, $18 for valet. Valet parking attendant was okay, bell man very prompt and attentive to helping unload car and bringing us to desk to check in. We switched to self park for the last 2 nights.

Upon check in, we were given a room with 2 queens. We asked if we could have a king with a queen sofa. basically we were told we had the cheap rooms, and it would be an additional $51 a nite to upgrade to a king with sleeper. so we took our 2 queen bed room, and the bellman helped us upstairs to our room on the 19th floor (pool floor).

upon the elevator doors opening onto the 19th floor, we were greeted by the most horrendous screaming I have ever heard. We walk over to the pool door and looked in. A large family had taken over the entire pool area, and were carrying on like it was their backyard pool party. Flips, dives, marco polo, screaming and yelling like maniacs. A small baby was floating on an inner tube in the whirlpool! Just a mess, unsafe for all involved- and no one else could possibly use the pool.

I asked the bellman if there was security to deal with this. he informed me that if there was an adult present, there was nothing they could do about it. He led us to our room down the hall from the pool, where we could still clearly hear the screaming from the pool. No soundproofing at all. Were seranaded by the pool revelers until almost 11pm.

Initial impression was that the room was nice, but nothing special. Basic hotel room. There was only 1 trash can in the room, and it was one of those narrow, art deco small cans that hold like 3 tissues, so most of our trash (our kids had juice boxes, toy boxes from gifts for the kids, etc) had to put placed next to the can. Room had a coffee/tea maker in the bathroom, and we used the tea bags, sugar packets, napkins, paper cups, and stirrer the first night.

2nd day, housekeeping came through, but left all the trash boxes next to the garbage can, did not replace tea packets, sugar, cups or stirrer, and left a sheled sunflower seed on the floor where there had not been one before.

When I complained about the pool and bellman the morning after we arrived, the manager gave us breakfast coupons for the buffet. The food was so horrible, if I had paid I'd have demanded my money back. Eggs were undercooked, oatmeal overcooked and one large lump in the pot, poor selection of breads, and poor food presentation. Even my kids who usually love breakfast wouldn't eat any of it.

Location is excellent. We could easily walk to all downtown attractions, but had to drive to zoo, speedway, and children's museum. Be aware, parking fills up quickly on game nights. We ended up taking a cab on game night, since we were afraid of moving our car and not finding a spot when we returned back.

We did order room service for lunch on new yr's eve- all of which was very tasty and large portions. We ordered 2 kids' pizzas (which were large and very good), hamburgers (which were also good, and the sides with it were huge), and the homemade chips with dip (large portion and very good).

The third day, the trash was still not picked up, and the tea/sugar/cups were still not replaced, so I called down asking for more tea. Someone brought up 2 tea bags, and nothing else. I've had more generous supplies at a travelodge.

So as I was checking out I did mention my concerns regarding housekeeping, garbage pickup, and replenishment of supplies. Gentleman behind the counter (Jonathan) was very helpful, and took off my bill the room service and first night valet parking.

So our stay was nice, just okay. I would not rate this hotel exceptional in anyway. It's about even with a hyatt. Three stars is appropriate.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]