Priceline Hotel: 4* Napa-Sonoma (Santa Rosa-Rohnert Park-Petaluma) Hyatt Vineyard Creek

jishaq
By jishaq,
in

4* bidding strategy:

-----------------------

Select Santa Rosa 4* for $x. If no win,

Add Fairfield and bix x + $K. If no win,

Add Sonoma and bid x + $2K. If no win,

Add Napa and bix x + 3K.

Let K = $5

Started with x = $59 based on other posts indicating acceptance of $70 bids for like hotel (4* Santa Rosa), and rejection of a $58 bid. Because I'm bidding the day-of, I figured I had better chances lowballing. I would have started with x = $64 if it was not day-of. (Has anybody proven or disproven whether bidding day-of accepts lower bids, generally speaking?)

Bidding results:

-----------------

Bid 4* Santa Rosa $59. Rejected.

Added Fairfield rebid zone, and bid for $64. Accepted, ad 4* Hyatt Vinyard Creek (Santa Rosa).

Savings:

----------

Checking on hotel webpage, a single room for tonight is $105 + 11.55 taxes; $116.55 total. Final Priceline cost was $64 winning bid + $15.39 taxes & fees; $79.39 total. Savings = $37.16, or 31% off website price. I've got better savings (55-60%) in San Francisco. Can't wait to hit the Peet's in downtown Santa Rosa, reminds me of the one here in Santa Cruz.

-Jeff

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]