Priceline Hotel: 4* Toronto (Downtown) InterContinental (on Bloor)

Moe Deep
By Moe Deep,
in

hi there

am aiming to win the Sheraton Centre on Queen St but dont see it listed for a one night stay for the 31st of Dec. The only time I see the usual customer fav listing is when I expand my bid to cover 2 night Dec31 to Jan02 at $124 and I suspect that is the Sheraton. Have also not read about many winning bids for the Sheraton lately so am wondering if there is anything that is impeding the listing of that hotel. Are they at capacity or might it be to early to find the Sheraton for one night on the 31st.

Have also ran into a 4 start listing for Dec 31 (one night stay) at $145 with the following amenities:

Fitness Centre

Restaurant

Business Centre

Laundry Facilities

Hi-Speed internet

Nothing is listed on the hotels list with laundry facilities so am curious if anyone knows which hotel this might be. Have done a little digging and have only read the Park Hyatt as having a laundry as part of its amenities, that said am still really trying to land the Sheraton so any help on that is very much appreciated.

Thanks

M

Two of the reasons you're not seeing what you think is the Sheraton on a one nite search:

1) they have a two nite minimum due to the holiday weekend

2) HOTWIRE will only show the least expensive property at each star level in each zone. The sherarton may be the least expensive for a search including the two nites... but not the least expensive for the one nite stay you're seeking.

The 4* you're seeing on HOTWIRE is a match for the Marriott Bloor Yorkville so that would be our best guess.

Please use this HOTWIRE link it you choose to go with any of their offerings. If you choose to book the hotel you want direct please use our Sheraton link.

Let us know whatever you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hey there

thanks so much for letting me know about the Marriott.

As for the Sheraton, I had suspected that was the case in terms of the 2 day minimum. Do you have any idea if it will be lifted closer to the 31st.

I recall having booked this hotel for the same date (Dec 31) two years ago for one nite and am hoping it wil come available again.

Will keep the site up to date with whatever comes of this and thanks for your help.

M

Have recently noticed a 4 star with the following amenities available for a one night stay Dec31-Jan01, at $129 per night:

Fitness Centre

Pool

Restaurant

Business Centre

Hi Speed Internet

Spa

As this is not listed as a cusomter favourite, which would point to the Sheraton, and stuck on trying to figure out what hotel this is. Thanks in advance and apologize if this is listed on the site already.

Rgds

M

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

"Customer Favorite" designations can come and go (and we've even see appear/disappear from search-to-search), so i wouldn't exclude the Sheraton simply because the above doesn't have a Customer Favorite designation. However, the amenities above not only match the Sheraton, but also the Inter-Continental (Front St) has been seeen with these amenities as well... so either of these would be our best guess.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to began any purchases you make.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of futher help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi there

some interesting happenings as per hotwire and they're keeping me guessing. Currently have a 4 star listed at $169 USD for a one night stay Dec 31 to Jan 01 with the following amenities and being shown as a customer favourite

Fitness Centre

Pool

Restaurant

Business Centre

Hi Speed Internet Access

Although the "cust fav" description is a notch closer to the Sheraton description, it isnt showing the spa which would be a feature of the Sheraton. Any idea on what this might be as I know the customer favourite stuff comes and goes but am a little thrown off by the missing spa feature whuch is keeping me guessing as to what hotel it is.....the Hilton? Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

M

If you check the Hotwire Hotel List this is a match for both the Hilton and the Inter-Continental (on Bloor) so either of those would be the best guess.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

• 3 weeks later...

Although I didn't HOTWIRE for my stay on New Years Eve and used Priceline instead, I was able to bid and win the Intercontinental on bloor for $145 USD, and after taxes came to approx 175USD for a one night stay. Used about 6 of my 8 free re-bids after starting at $100 and increasing by $5-10 per re-bid. Decided that it wasnt worth picking something on HOTWIRE that I couldnt guarantee was the Sheraton (which was my goal) and likely paying a little more for no reason. That said after my re-bids I just about reached the value that was posted for the only 4* listed on Hotwire on Dec 29, so I suspect regardless of the site I used I probably would have gotten the same hotel for roughly the same price.

Thanks for the help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]