Hotwire Hotel: 3* Tampa (Westshore-Airport TPA-South) Wyndham

clbencemunns
By clbencemunns,
in

I need a Tampa-Airport-Westshore hotel for Dec 30-Jan 1, 3* or better. Must be this area so I can get to the Bucs/Seahawk game. Here is my Priceline bidding history:

4* at $50-$70 Denied (kept adding different areas since I knew there were no 4* in some nearby areas)

3* TPA-Westshore $50 Denied

3* TPA-Westshore $60 Denied

3* TPA-Westshore $70 Denied

I know these are some tough dates, but I guess I was expecting to find a 3* in the $60-70 range. I already have some cancelable reservations at 2.5* La Quinta for $78, so I see no reason to spend more than that. I was hoping to find a little better hotel for the same price.

Maybe I'm just crazy, wishing for too much over a holiday weekend.

Any ideas? Thanks

Not surprised you were rejected at $70, given the holiday weekend and the football game. This is a very "hit or miss" zone, seemingly dependent on market conditions.

The alternative, of course, is to go elsewhere. Perhaps to the Brandon La Quinta? You can also search your dates on HOTWIRE to see if any area zones have bargains. If they do, you can bid $8 to $10 less and almost certainly get it on priceline.

Have you checked hotel direct rates for these dates at 3* hotels? I just looked and 4 out of 5 that i found are sold-out for these dates.

You should also be sure to check both opaque services, as HOTWIRE is curretnly showing a 3* hotel in the Westshore zone for $69/nite... higher than you've already bid! (best guess is that this property is the Wyndham)

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchase you might make thru their service.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

PS- as per our support page we're also an affiliate of the La Quinta chain as well as most other hotel direct reservations for your back-up reservations :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've been checking Hotwire every day, the $69 3* just appeared in the last 36 hrs. Previously the best available was a 2.5* for $122 (likely the Amerisuites). I jumped on the $69 3* this morning through the savingsbarn link. I had $25 Hotdollars, so that offset any small savings I might have gotten through Priceline.

I figured from the info here my the hotel would be the Wyndham, best available travelsite rates are $170 per night, and it shows sold out on the Wyndham website for my dates.

$69 3*, shuttle, fitness, pool, restaurant, business, internet. 2 nights December 30-January 1st:

Hotel Name:Wyndham Westshore

4860 W Kennedy Boulevard

Tampa, Florida 33609

Price before my HotDollars: $158.86

Price after HotDollars: $133.86

Thanks for the help, I'm glad this turned up :) . Should I post winning bid in the Hotwire forum?

Glad we could help and this turned out well for you and the way you expected.

No need to re-post, we'll adjust the topic title and move the entire thread to the hotwire section fo the board.

Please note we have our own link to HOTWIRE, please use it for any future hotwire purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]