Hotwire Hotel: NYC 5* Times square south

HL84
By HL84,
in

I really thought I had posted this a couple days ago but I guess not. The deals from HOTWIRE may have slightly changed since then, but my original question is the same. Thanks.

I was looking into booking a hotel through hotwire hotdeals for a stay in NYC 7/22-7/23/2017 for 4 guests in one room. I was specifically looking at a 5* hotel in Times Square South listed at $304 (HOTWIRE claims normally $729) with the following amenities: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Internet access, Children's activities. Hotel also appears to charge a $33/night resort fee. From the reading I have done here so far it seems this hotel may be the Knickerbocker. But this same hotel is available from Hotwire named hotel deals for a lower price ($276/night...although seems to be $445 after taxes and an extra guest fee), booking directly through the Knickerbocker hotel would also be $276/night, but only $360 after taxes and fees...and there is no extra guest fee listed (and I listed 4 guests when checking availability). I guess my question is, do you think this hotel is indeed the Knickerbocker? Would Hotwire really charge more for a hidden hotel than they do for the same hotel when you know what you are booking? And more than the hotel charges when you book directly?

Here are a couple other hotels I was considering if you have any idea what they could be.

4.5* hotel in Times square south 

$262/night

Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Internet access, In-room accessibility

95% recommended

4* in Times square south

$312/night

Free Internet, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

We are traveling specifically to go to a place in the Chelsea area, but are hoping to see a Broadway show or some other sights while in town so thought we would stay closer to the Times Square area. If there are any other suggestions or hotels we should look into that would be great.

Thanks!

Welcome (a second time?) to BetterBidding!:biggrin:

For the 5* Times Square South offer:

5* Times Square South for $308.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Childrens Activities
==> i agree that the best guess would be the Knickerbocker

The 'regular' (ie- retail) rate on the Knickerbocker that you're seeing does not include the extra guest fee (which is $80) and the reason why at first glance the room rate per nite of the retail listing is less than the HOTWIRE 'opaque' listing, but if you look at the 'all-in' price the opaque rate is cheaper (when taking into account the extra guest fee of the retail rate... as the extra guest fee is already built-in to the room rate of the opaque offer).  As far as a direct booking with the Knickerbocker i can't say if they would try to charge you an extra guest fee upon arrival, i think you would have a good argument not to pay it since it does not show on the confirmation page and you included the true number of guests when booking, but it would seem that this property does have a policy of charging for extra guests.

For the other two properties you've listed above:

4.5* HOTWIRE Times Square South for $262.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Room Accessible
==> likely The Kimpton Muse Hotel 

4* Times Square South for $312.00
Free Internet
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> Millennium Broadway New York Times Square would be my best guess for this one

I would also consider these offers based upon the information you told us about your stay:

If looking to save a bit of money vs. the hotels above:

4.5* HOTWIRE Chelsea for $257.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Shuttle
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> best guess would be the INNSIDE New York NoMad

... and if you don't mind spending $300+ for a hotel room:

5* HOTWIRE Chelsea for $320.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> Kimpton Hotel Eventi which gets excellent reviews and is in the top 10% of NYC hotels

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]