Hotwire Hotel: 4* New York City (Lower East Side - East Village) Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side

nutella123
By nutella123,
in

Hi, I need some help with identifying this hotel that I found on Hotwire.

I have a refundable booking for Hotel Vetiver in Queens for US$170/night inclusive of all taxes so I'm thinking to look for one in Manhattan - so long it's near a subway station. My budget is max $200/night with taxes for a queen/king bed. 

Am keen on this: 

4-star Hotel in Lower East Side - East Village area ($142/night) 

Fri, Apr 07 - Wed, Apr 12  1 Room, 2 Adults

Hotel details

Complimentary: Free Internet

Amenities: Business center, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Smoke-free rooms

OR any other recommendations will be great too! Thanks! 

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool. (always use this method for your searches/purchases to ensure you're seeing the complete amenity set and for an easy comparison of PRICELINE vs. HOTWIRE, as well as to use our new IS THIS A GOOD PRICE feature).

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for the 4 star hotel in this zone when searching for your dates:

4* Lower East Side - East Village for $143.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> best guess for this one would be the Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side

You could also consider (confirm your dates on the landing page of any provided links):

4* SoHo - Tribeca for $163
Restaurant
Free Internet
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> Arlo Hudson Square would be my best guess for this one

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks thereuare! Appreciate your help for identifying Holiday Inn for me and suggesting Arlo Hudson Square.  From reviews and photos, Arlo seems to have really small rooms, so that option is out.

I saw 2 more which I think I don't mind paying more for as it seems like the location is better? Or am I mistaken? 

4* World Trade Center - Wall Street $168

Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access

4* World Trade Center - Wall Street $168

Free Internet, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible

Thanks! 

I'm only seeing one of the offers above, but i suspect that one is the World Center hotel and the other is the Club Quarters, but i'm not sure which is which.

However, if you are interested in these properties, i belive this is the better offer (confirm your dates on the landing page of the provided link):

4* Downtown - Wall Street for $155
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess for this one would be the Club Quarters Wall Street

Downtown is near a few tourist attractions (9/11 site and museum, NY Stock Exchange, Staten Island Ferry (if you'll be doing this), walking the Brooklyn Bridge) while the Lower East Side is less touristy and one of the newer 'happening' areas that has grown over the last 3-5 years or so... lots of new restaurants, cafes, bars, etc.  The F train is located here which is a little quicker trip to midtown vs. staying Downtown-Wall St.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide to do and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your reply! 

Yep, I will be doing the Staten Island Ferry, see the Charging Bull and walking on the bridge back from Brooklyn. 

I had a bad experience with Club Quarters Club room before in San Francisco, and upon seeing some photos online, seems like most CQ club rooms similar. 

Let me go read up more reviews on Holiday Inn LES before I decide if I should stick with my original Queens hotel. 

Thanks! 

Some PRICELINE EXPRESS and HOTWIRE listings do offer bed choice. King Bed is going to be difficult in NYC where many rooms are tiny and kings - when an option - are often a paid upgrade. You can always call the hotel to ask about bed options/upgrades, but it is more difficult in NYC and the hotel may say no.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll offer some suggestions.

Anyway, I decided to book using the HOTWIRE link from this forum and got the hotel I wanted. Thanks alot for all your help! 

4* NY - New York City (Lower East Side - East Village) = Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side

Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're pleased with the outcome and this property works well for your plans this trip.

For the future note that in the BiddingHelper.com the EASY VIEW tab will show the full amenity set, but if you need to choose a bed type you need to use the HOTWIRE tab (to the left of the EASY VIEW).

While in the area you may want to stop by this place which is very popular and offers a wide a variety of candy from both yesterday and today, as well as some novelties:

Economy Candy

108 Rivington

Thank and thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]