Priceline Hotel: 4.5* New York City (Madison Square Garden - Convention Area) Even Hotel New York Times Square South

SDuncan
By SDuncan,
in

This is a first time trip to NYC for my husband and me. 
I don't necessarily have a zone preference. However, I would like it to be tourist friendly.
We will travel from 10/2-10/6
I am hoping to find a 4* room with great reviews for about $1100 all in.   I have poured over the site for 2 days and I just seem to be going in circles.
Please help!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you're willing to go up to your limit for a great experience, i would recommend the following (confirm your dates on the landing page):

4.5* MSG hotel for $224/nite with:

Pets Allowed
Business Center
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess for this one would be the Even Hotel New York Times Square South for $224/nite (this hotel gets great reviews... currently the #12 ranked hotel in the city)

If budget is a factor i'm also seeing the following (all prices are before taxes/fees):

Hotel Boutique At Grand Central for $185/nite

Club Quarters Midtown for $189/nite

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts (or how it goes if you take the linked PRICELINE EXPRESS offer above) and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The issue with accessibility/distance to attractions is that it's going to vary in terms of what's acceptable from person-to-person. The last time I went to NYC I stayed not far from Times Square and proceeded to walk from TS to Battery Park and back. That's a fairly long walk, but the view that I had is that New York is so visually busy - there's so much to see (and people talk about Times Square, but NYC is so much more than that) that a long walk didn't feel as long as it was. You're going in early October, so - unless there's weather that isn't typical - you're probably going to encounter perfect weather for exploring the city on foot.

The MSG area would be perfectly fine from a tourist perspective. You can bid lower, but the issue is that bidding and PRICELINE EXPRESS are two different sides of the business. The potential Even is a very highly rated hotel. If you bid 4.5* in the same area, you may get it, you may not and it becomes the question of is it worth trying for a moderately lower price with the risk you may get something else.

Please keep us updated on what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Congrats on your success.

I think you made an excellent choice. With hotel prices in NYC, expectations are understandably high and for a hotel to be #12 on Tripadvisor for NYC is an impressive feat. Location is certainly quite good for seeing the city, as well.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Nice win!

I'll add this suggestion one morning for breakfast which is close to your hotel:
Best Bagel and Coffee

225 W 35th St (between Seventh and Eight Ave)

--> one of the better bagels in the city right now.  If you can't get a seat at one their few tables, or a counter seat by the window, take your breakfast to one of the tables in front of Macy's on Sixth Ave / Broadway OR walk further to the TKTS booth and sit on the bleachers there taking in the lights of Times Square and a bit of people watching

I'm very familiar with NYC so feel free to ask any additional questions you may have about the city.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]