Priceline Hotel: New York Bidding Help 10/30 - 11/4

Maddie0421
By Maddie0421,
in

Hi there,

I am new here, but have spent  a large amount of time reading through the forums. 

I am after some help for an upcoming trip to NYC.  Dates are 10/30-11/4 (5 nights). 

I am after 3* minimum. 

Preferred areas are:

Chelsea Area

West Village

Soho-Tribeca

Union Square-East Village

Lower East Side-Chinatown

But will also settle for:

Madison Square Garden

Rockefeller Centre

Midtown West

As we are travelling from Australia, and our dollar is quite low against the USD right now, we are looking at spending up to $150USD per night.  I understand this is a busy time in NYC... is there any chance of this price being possible?  I'm happy to leave bidding quite late if that gives me a better chance, I'm not too worried about not having it all booked early, but figure I should maybe start bidding now to give it a go anyway?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

There is no telling if rates will come down between now and your trip (or at the very last minute)... or move even higher as you approach your arrival date.

If you want to start bidding now, should we only include your first 5 zones or include the three 'additional' zones as well?

Is there a reason you're listing Rock Center as a 'non-preferred' zone as this zone is generally considered to be very well located, so i'm not sure why this wouldn't be in your first list.

Also, note that some hotels in the MTW-HK zone can be a bit far west, making them not the most convenient for the typical tourist.

I will also add (i keep typing as i see things :smile:) HOTWIRE has a 3* hotel in the Theater District - MTW zone for $130/nite with:

Complimentary Breakfast

Free Internet

Fitness

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

==> best guess for this property would be the Holiday Inn Express New York - Manhattan West Side, which while not the most centrally located (about a 10+ minute walk to the subway), it does get good reviews, includes breakfast, plenty of restaurants nearby on Ninth Ave, and would be a good value for this time of year, imo (with the understanding that you're making a slight trade-off between price and location)

NOTE: to see the complete amenity set you'll need to search using our BiddingHelper.com tool and click the EASY VIEW tab, then click the GREEN 'See All Amenities' button next to this listing.

Does this HOTWIRE offer work for your needs or do you want to move forward by bidding on PRICELINE?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts (or how it goes if you grab the HOTWIRE listing above) and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

hi, thanks for your reply.

I think I would like to try bidding at this stage over the Hotwire offer, although that is a good price! We selected those areas as this is our 4th trip to NYC, and all other times we have stayed in midtown/Rockefeller/theater districts, all very touristy. 

We had some friends who stayed at LES last time and we so much more enjoyed the vibe of the less touristy neighborhoods.  Hence, why those neighborhoods are our first preference. If I try bidding with no luck, then we would consider my second list of neighbourhoods as 'backup options' 

hope that makes sense?

So to confirm...

Starting with your first group of 'preferred' zones, 3* or better, up to $150/nite.

If this is correct you can bid as follows:

When bidding 3* in NYC you have FIVE re-bid zones.  If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Chelsea, West Village, Soho, Union Square

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE..

Select 3* Chelsea, West Village, Soho, LES

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE..

Select 3* Chelsea, West Village, Union Square, LES

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $133, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE..

Select 3* Chelsea, Soho, Union Square, LES

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $133, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE..

Select 3* Chelsea, West Village, Soho, Union Square, LES

Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

All of the bids above can be placed in the same bidding session... if you though otherwise post back and we'll further break down the re-bidding process for you.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]