Priceline Hotel: 9/12-9/18 NYC hotel

eddepp
By eddepp,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Quick question in order to get started...

NOTE that at the 4* level in the CPS zone is the Hudson Hotel, which while well located, has notoriously small rooms (even by NYC standards), would this be an acceptable outcome?

Any interest in the Yotel Times Square for $250/nite for your complete stay?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts/comments on the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When I search on BiddingHelper.com for 9/12-18, I'm seeing a 4* on HOTWIRE in the Midtown West-Theater District area for $165 w/Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower. 

>>> This is a possible match for the Yotel Times Square. At $165, would it be of interest?

The Hudson would be a 4* possibility in CPS, so I wouldn't bid in that zone. The OneUN (which gets fine reviews, but is at the East border of the zone) at the 4* in MTE would also be a possibility that may be unappealing from location standpoint.

" I could come up to 250-280 for better hotels"

If you are looking for something specific and want properties that may be more appealing/fit what you're looking for, then would you rather look at PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE for slightly-to-moderately more than bidding and have a better chance at getting something you're going to be happy with? Additionally, the TAKE20 coupon for HOTWIRE expires in a couple of days - that's $20 off the total. 

Overall, I do think you could get something via bidding within budget, but there are also some options within the $200-280 range on HOTWIRE and PRICELINE EXPRESS if you wanted to explore that route in order to try to get something more to your liking. 

Let us know your thoughts and we would be happy to offer further suggestions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I don't see the $165/nite hotel either (at least not at the moment)

How about this 4.5* MSG hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $273/nite with:

Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess here would be the Tryp Times Square South, which gets good reviews

Would this work for your needs?  If not, let us know more about what you don't like about this property (and the Yotel) so we have a better sense of what it is that you're looking for.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When bidding on PRICELINE there is no way to target (or avoid) a specific hotel in the zone... you have to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you bid.  As well, with PRICELINE EXPRESS showing at $346/nite (i didn't check the price or if this offering is likely the Ink48) it shows you just how expensive these dates are, and that you may not be able to get the type of hotel that you're expecting for ~$275.

I will add that while the Ink48 does get great reviews (as do most Kimpton properties) it is a bit far west in the zone and not the most conveniently located for the average tourist.

If you still want to try to target the Ink48 i believe you can target this property for the last 2 nites of your trip at $286/nite:

4.5* Midtown West - Hell's Kitchen (confirm your dates on the landing page) with:

Pets Allowed
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess for this property would be the Ink48, but note that this still leaves the first 4 nites of your stay which will likely cost more than this for a similarly rated hotel

7 hours ago, thereuare said:

let us know more about what you don't like about this property (and the Yotel) so we have a better sense of what it is that you're looking for.

2x

Let us know how you'd iike to proceed (or how it goes if you try for the 4.5* MTW property above for the last 2 nites) and we'll take it from there.

Sorry to hear you had to cancel the trip.

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]