Priceline Hotel: 3.5* and up NYC hotel for 9/22-9/25

afoster770
By afoster770,
in

Hi!  I am looking for advice on bidding for a hotel in NYC for 9/22-9/25.  We would like to stay in at least a 3.5* hotel, but we do not care about luxury, only cleanliness and safety.  We are willing to stay in the following zones:

Central Park South

Empire St Area

Grand Central

Madison square garden

Midtown East

Midtown West

Rockefeller

Times Square

Upper East Side

Upper West Side

We would like to be all in at most around $230 a night.  Any ideas would be great.  I am familiar with rebid zones.

Thanks!

Ashley

Unfortunately, the Fall in NYC is busy and these dates are a bit expensive. Given the rates, I think you're likely looking at more along the lines of $250-260 per night including taxes/fees ("all-in".) Lower levels can certainly be tried first, but I think that's quite possibly what it will take. Would that be acceptable?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

If you're willing to lower your star rating to 3* i'm seeing this 3 star Upper West Side hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $173/nite which comes in below your $230 all-in target with:

Business Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> my guess here would be the Hotel Marrakech if you think this would work for your needs

If you want to stick with the 3.5* or higher star rating i agree that currently you're likely looking at about $210-$230 room rate (before fees/taxes).

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed (or how it goes if you take the offer above) and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Your $250-$260 all-in works out to about $210/nite bid price.

When bidding 3.5* in NYC you have FOUR re-bid zones.  If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* CPS, ESB, Grand Central, UES, UWS...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $170, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE..

Select 3.5* MTW, Rock Center, TS, MSG, MTE...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $170, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE..

Select 3.5* CPS, ESB, Grand Central, MSG, MTE, MTW, Rock Center, TS, UES...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $178, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $183, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $185, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE..

Select 3.5* CPS, ESB, Grand Central, MSG, MTE, MTW, Rock Center, TS, UWS...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $178, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $183, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $185, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE..

Select 3.5* UES, UWS, CPS, ESB, Grand Central, MSG, MTE, MTW, Rock Center...

Bid $188, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $193, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $198, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE..

Select 3.5* UES, UWS, CPS, ESB, Grand Central, MSG, MTE, MTW, TS...

Bid $188, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $193, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $198, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE..

Select 3.5* CPS, ESB, Grand Central, MSG, MTE, MTW, Rock Center, TS, UES, UWS...

Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $203, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $205, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $208, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $210

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

2 hours ago, afoster770 said:

I started yesterday and got up to $185

You do know that you should be able to complete the entire bidding strategy above in one session?  If so, why have you only bid up to $185 so far?  If not, please ask for clarification and/or confirm your re-bid zones so that we are sure you're bidding as outlined above.

When asking for help with PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE please include the amenities associated with the offered as well.  Are you seeing this 3* Empire State Buidling hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) with:

Pets Allowed
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> if so, best guess for this one would be the Nh Jolly Hotel Madison Towers

Let us know how it goes if you take the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer above OR if you need help in regards to how to follow the complete bidding session above in one sitting.

Yes I understand, but I ran out of time before bed!  It takes a lot longer in NYC to bid than other locations.  I did go through the whole series that you recommended and did not win a hotel.  Any other suggestions?  I would like to hold out a little longer and not stay at the Jolly Madison Hotel, but don't want to wait too long and not get a room.  Any suggestion as far as how long I should keep trying before just doing a PRICELINE EXPRESS hotel?  Thanks.

Ashley

I would find your best back-up plan using RefundableRates.com and then continue to try every 2-3 days.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know how we can be of further help along the way.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]