Priceline Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Chicago Loop - Millennium Park) The Fairmont Chicago

Homrhr
By Homrhr,
in

I will be in Chicago on 7/23 for the Coldplay concert at Soldier Field. I am looking for a nearby hotel with a 4* or higher rating.  We would like to keep the rate as close to $200 as possible. I typically stay with friends whenever I'm in Chicago and have no idea whether or not this is a realistic goal. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!  

Unfortunately, rates do look on the high side for these dates, but there are a few options under $200.

4.5* Priceline Express Downtown-Millennium Park $191 (Pets allowed, fitness, business; please double check the date is correct on the landing page after clicking the link)

==>> This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported, but a guess would be the Fairmont.

3.5* Priceline Express Downtown-Millennium Park $192 (business, free internet, restaurant, fitness, please double check for correct date)

==>> Likely the Club Quarters Wacker/Michigan or the River Hotel, which are two halves of the same property, essentially.) I'd much rather suggest the potential Fairmont for the same price.

Slightly above your $200 max is a 4* in the Loop on Priceline Express for $212 (Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Pets Allowed, Business Center, Fitness Center, No Smoking Rooms/Facilities)

==>> Likely the Palmer House

I'm also seeing a 4* in the Loop on HOTWIRE for $200 w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly.

==>> Likely the Allegro, which is a well-reviewed Kimpton. However, the location of the potential Fairmont would be more convenient.

Would any of the above possibilities be of interest? If you want to bid, we can also go discuss that option, as well. You can likely get something slightly-to-mildly (depending on zone) under $200. The only issue in regards to bidding for the Loop is that you may end up at one of the properties at the far West border of the zone, which are less convenient and there's little going on around there later at night/on weekends. The potential Fairmont would be a decent cab ride to Soldier Field and there's a number of breakfast options right there the next morning, plus Millennium Park essentially next door. I think if you bid and tried to get a 4.5* in the Downtown-Millennium Park zone around $160-175 and were successful in that range, that would be an optimal result, as the Fairmont or any of the other 4.5*'s in that small zone are nice hotels. 

Let us know your thoughts on the above and we would be happy to offer further suggestions. Let us know if you have any questions before booking.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a nice deal and this was the hotel you were hoping for.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us confirm the new amenity set for this property in the Priceline Express Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay... and the concert!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Glad you were able to snag a very good deal for this property. While there's no guarantee, if you're interested in a view I'd try calling ahead or asking at check-in if there was any way you could get a room on a higher floor looking out at Millennium Park. There's a beautiful multi-level Mariano's Grocery a couple of blocks away at 333 E Benton, and for breakfast Wildberry (http://www.yelp.com/biz/wildberry-pancakes-and-cafe-chicago-2) is about a block and a half away.

Please let us know if you have any city questions.

Enjoy your stay and have fun at the concert.:biggrin:

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]