Priceline Hotel: First time bidder

allykatzs90
By allykatzs90,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Exactly how high have you already bid for a 4* hotel in the zones above?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you're getting within a few bucks of an PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal at the same star rating in the same zone, why not take the Express deal? There is no way to know what prices will do between now and your stay, but there is the possibility that you can continue to try and get a lower price than the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal and then find the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal price suddenly jumps up.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

allykatzs90,

The PRICELINE EXPRESS rates are still 'opaque' (in the sense that you don't know the name of the hotel that you will receive until after your purchase, so you won't always be able to get too much of a discount (if t all all) by bidding.  The best offer at a 4* at this point in time is now $188/nite... so does it now make more sense to increase your bid to $180/nite (or do you wish that you could still take the $178/nite offer)??

The point, as AaronJB indicated above, is that you can use the PRICELINE EXPRESS rates as a 'maximum bid' point, but if you do so you should also be prepared to take the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer.  Currently the best retail rate i'm seeing for a 4* hotel in one of these zones is $273/nite... so even at $178 (or now $188) this would still be nearly $100/nite savings, which would be pretty good, imo.

Let us know your thoughts and you'd like to proceed, or how it goes if you take the PRICELINE EXPRESS, and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The PRICELINE EXPRESS deal was gone or I definitely would have jumped on it. I've tried different bids, and always get rejected. Someone told me that the prices drop closer to the time. I'm just worried as it is peak season, and a weekend full of activities. Aka the firework show and pride. Should I have bid earlier? Should I wait until closer to? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks!

Nobody can say if rates will come down, or move even higher, between now and your trip... it all depends upon supply/demand and how many actual new reservations/cancellations the hotel gets relative to expected new reservations/cancellations.

Currently PRICELINE EXPRESS is offering this 4* Downtown Coal Harbor, Stanley Park, Convention Center hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $187/nite (or you can reserve a Harbour View room for an extra $4/nite) with:

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

... my best guess for this one would be the Pinnacle Hotel Vancouver and is right around the price you have been bidding and saw previously

Does this work for your needs?

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]