Priceline Hotel: NYC 3* Aug 20-24 need help

Cuda
By Cuda,
in

Hi :)

I am a bit overwhelmed and could need some help.

I am looking for a hotel - 3 Star (2.5 Star would be okay too if good reviews) from 20-24 August. It should be in Manhattan Area. As central as possible. Means Around Time Square/Rockefeller Area. BUT I would accept Long Island City too.

Now it comes to the budget... 450USD for the 3 nights including all taxes/fees is the maximum I want to spend. For the Long Island Area a bit cheaper would be great, as I already found 2* for about 400USD.

Are these prices realistic? Any tipps how to get a good deal? 

$450 for NYC is going to be a little difficult. HOTWIRE has a $108 2.5* in the Times Square South area w/breakfast . That works out to less than $450 pre-tax, but + taxes/fees it's $571.  Could you get something for a bit closer to $450 via bidding? Yes, but it may not offer breakfast and bidding on 2.5* does raise the risk of getting something not great, as there is a wider variation in quality in NYC once you start getting into the 2*/2.5* levels.

In terms of staying outside the city, there is some time/cost value in terms of getting to/from the city. 

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]