Priceline Hotel: Looking for a Hotel in NYC 11/7/15-11/9/15

californialiving
By californialiving,
in

Hello,

Looking for advice for hotels in NYC 11/7/15-11/9/15, one room two people. We are hoping to spend max ~215 a night. 4 or 4.5* star hotel. Locations we like are: midtown central, midtown east, upper east side, lower east side. Any other suggestions? Hoping to be around shops, restaurants, and sites. Would priceline or hotwire be the way to go? Has anyone had good luck with priceline's name your price for  a hotel in these neighborhoods? 

Thank you!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

By clicking "Need Help?" in the upper corner of the site and clicking "See Hotel Lists", you can see all of the hotels that have been reported to the board. The site's Calendar of Wins can also show you if someone has won a hotel for your dates. There are a number of other great tools under "Tool Box" towards the top of the page.

In terms of Hot.wire vs Price.line, Hot.wire is generally somewhat more expensive, but one can make an "educated guess" at times as to what's showing based on the information given. With PRICELINE, if you bid for a 4* in Midtown East (for example), you have to be willing to stay at any hotel at that star rating in that zone.

Let us know what sounds more appealing and we can then discuss possibilities further. Also, let us know if there is something particular in terms of hotel you are looking for.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Locations we like are: midtown central, midtown east, upper east side, lower east side.

To add to the above and just to confirm (as these zones are not necessarily the most 'typical' nor the most commonly bid among most users)... have you been to NYC before and are familiar with these areas?

Also, please read your messages (which will also remove the red box at the top of the page and make the board easier to navigate)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello I used the links for priceline. I think we would ideally like central park south or midtown east or central. otherwise, we are hoping to land the conrad in the financial district if we can't get a good deal on a 4.5 to 5 star in those areas. I saw what I believe to be the conrad going for 153 sunday 11/8. What would be the best bidding strategies to aim for the conrad or ritz battery park? Would it be inconvenient to take the subway up? For us, we really just want a luxury hotel with great service, good views, and nice rooms. Thank you!

There's no way to bid for a particular property or properties. If you bid for a 4.5* in Midtown East (to use an example), there's no way to increase the odds of a particular hotel or hotels. Additionally, a view is usually an upgrade. HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS would be a better choice - while you are limited to what those services are offering for your particular dates, at least with those you can make an educated guess as to what's showing. View is not going to be guaranteed in NYC and with using HOTWIRE or PRICELINE, but I think PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE can give you an idea of what you are potentially getting.

Personally, I'd rather stay in Midtown if that is where I was going to be spending most of my time, unless there was a significant spread difference in price between midtown and the financial district that would make the effort of getting back and forth (and if you take a taxi back at night, that's an added cost) worth it.

I saw what I believe to be the conrad going for 153 sunday 11/8.

Sunday nites are typically the least expensive nite of the week for hotels as business travelers have not yet arrived and leisure (tourist) travelers have already gone home. Did you see this same $153/nite hotel offered for the Saturday and Sunday nites that you need? If not, are you willing to change hotels mid-trip?

I am seeing a 5* hotel in the Financial District for both nites of your stay for $164/nite (my initial guess is the Conrad, with a secondary guess of the Ritz, but PRICELINE is having some site issues as the moment so i can't research further)... are you willing to commit to the Downtown - Financial District at this point in time for a 5* hotel?

The subway from Downtown to Midtown (Times Square area) would be about 20-25 minutes.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]