Priceline Hotel: 27/8 2 or 3 nights in Fish Warf, Marina, Union Square

bunn89
By bunn89,
in

Hi,

Looking for 2 or 3 nights from 27/8 in Fish Warf, Marina, Union Square. Ideally looking at 3.5*+ from £100 p/night. This seems to be a longshot on Priceline as getting rejected, but just want to know what the going rates are, and if a drop to 3*+ will this be within budget.

Thanks,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please post your bid amounts in US Dollars so that there is no confusion and rates are not subject to interpretation based upon future currency fluctuations.

Currently (checking for a 3 nite stay) i think you're likely looking at $175-$200/nite for the zones above. Also, i'm seeing little difference between rates of 3.5* and 4* hotels, so this may also be enough for a 4* property.

If you let us know your maximum bid, and which set of dates you'd like to try for, we can suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

Sorry GBP to USD, I am looking to pay around $155 a night roughly.

Im brand new to the likes of Hot.wire / Price.line so a bidding strategy would be great to help me see SF when I'm over in the united states.

I appreciate all your assistance, thanks

Have you confirm which date(s) you want to bid on? (2 or 3 nites from Aug 27)

If you are rejected up to $155/nite, what is your gameplan... do you have an alternate hotel in mind that this price, will you cancel the trip, lower your star rating, increase your budget, etc?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

It'd be 2 nights 27th & 28th which we are going to bid on. Ideally we would like to visit San Francisco, as we already have booked in Las Vegas, San Diego & Los Angeles on our trip, its only San Francisco which is proving difficult.

If increasing budget slightly I think we would want to ensure it was the 3.5*+ on Priceline. We were hoping to get a 3* within $155 range.

As it gets closer to the date are lower bids more likely to be accepted on Priceline, or how does the system work?

Thanks,

It's really a matter of demand. There is the view that rates often come down closer to the dates, but that has been seen less and less in recent years. Prices can also quite easily go the other way (and quickly.) San Francisco has become increasingly expensive in recent years.

I think $155 is going to be difficult for these dates, but a little above that may be enough. I'm seeing a 4* on HOTWIRE for $188 in USW w/Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly.

-- This would be a possible match for the Hilton San Francisco and Towers.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have any questions.

I know this was opened up in Priceline thread, but just Wondering if anyone can help solve which hotel this is likely to be, or do I need to make a post in Hotwire board.

The hotel is a 2* located in Lombard Street - Marina District area hotel

60% recommended
Booked 1 times today

Hotel facilities are;

Free Internet
      Free breakfast
      Free parking
      Restaurant(s)
      Tennis nearby

It's coming in at £100 GBP // $156 p/night. Im a bit concerned of booking a hotel without being able to read reviews especially with it only being ranked as 2*. It does give me an area within where the hotel is located however there's alot of 2* hotels in that region.

Cheers,

Chris

I believe there may have been more amenities than you listed in your post. HOTWIRE has a new interface which is not currently showing the complete set of amenities at the usual point of the search process.

Please run a new search using our BiddingHelper.com tool at the top of this page. Once the search is completed, use the EASY VIEW TAB and click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing to view the complete set of amenities.

This is what I see when replicating your search,

Free Parking
Complimentary Breakfast
Free Internet
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Tennis

...If this is what you see would my guess be Howard Johnson San Francisco Marina District

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know what you ultimately decide or if we can be of further help.

Yellowdog.

PS. For future searches/bookings you can do the following to ensure you're seeing the complete list:
1) use the EASY VIEW tab of our Bidding.Helper and click the green 'See All Amenities' button
OR
2) search HOT.WIRE (or use the HOT.WIRE tab at Bidding.Helper) and...

· click the offer
·  on the next page click the BOOK NOW link
·  in the TRIP SUMMARY box click the 'See more' link at the end of the amenities

Used the Easy View Hotwire tool on site. Looking at 28/8 for 1-night. Full amenties (green button) showing as;

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Internet access, Accessible parking

184 USD p/night 2.5* rating property in Lombard Street - Marina District.

Checked the Hotel Lists and only shows one listed property a 2* nothing listed for 2.5*..... Any ideas as to which property this could be?

My guess would be the Chelsea Motor Inn or Coventry Motor Inn with a slightly different amenity set, but a question would be when I'm seeing 4*'s for as low as $134 in the USW/USE area, why the interest in this listing?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]