Hotwire Hotel: Book in advance or Last minute?

ammiep
By ammiep,
in

I am going to NYC in October to see some plays/musicals. I go 2-3 times per year and I like to stay in a nice hotel but as my trips become more frequent and short in duration I am flexible as to where I stay. (I'm a loyal Marriott customer, but willing to try something new).

My question for all: with Hotwire is it better to wait to the last minute (48-72 hours) or should I book in advance?

I've never used Priceline but willing to give them a try if I can get a good deal.

Any tips or advice?

thanks in advance!

Please post your date(s) for the stay and we'll be happy to take a look at this.

Also, please post your max budget(night before tax/fee's and preferred star rating.

It hard to answer your question since we don't know your dates. But October is on the expensive side.

No one can say if the rates will come down (or up) between now and your stay. We can only speculate and I would say say book book in advance if you don't have a back-up that you can live with if you don't find a deal that you're happy with.

If you would like to get help with a bidding strategy so please post your budget/night before tax/fees, zone(s) you're willing to stay in and the star rating for the hotel.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll go from there

Yellowdog.

There are 4* hotels available within your budget now... if you wait, maybe pricing gets a little better, or maybe rates go up from here and there is nothing available within your budget.

As nobody knows how demand (new reservations/cancellations) will play out for these dates over the next few months, nobody can say if rates are more likely to go up or down. I think you need to 'know' what a good deal would be for these dates and bid up to that amount... of i you see a hotel that you like (by guessing what is offered thru PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE) at a good price, then take it as it may not be offered the next time you look.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how you decide you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]