Priceline Hotel: HELP!!! 4* Shinjuku-ku - Ikebukuro Area Hotel

squrty
By squrty,
in

I've read the forums and I think I have an idea of how to bid for express deals, however I don't want to make any mistakes so I'm posting here.  Can someone please help me identify the most likely hotel and also a bidding strategy.

Looking for a 4* Hotel in Tokyo.  Specifically Shinjku-ku - Ikebukuro Area.  Looking to pay around $100 / night ideally.  2 Persons (Husband / Wife)

Dates 8/10/15 - 8/13/15  3 nights.

Current priceline express deals is $129 per night Guest Rating 7+    Hotel amenities:  Restaurant, Free Internet, Bed Choice available.

First off, does anyone know what hotel this would likely be? The priceline hotel list shows it as being the Hilton Tokyo Hotel.  It's the only one listed, not sure if the information is still up to date. 

If I have researched correctly, I will have 3 re-bid zones to work with if I bid minimum of 4*: 

1) Ota - Tokyo International Airport

2) Shinagawa

3) Taito - Bunkyo Zone

I also wouldn't mind staying at some other locations like city center or ginza for example but they seem to be prohibitively more expensive areas.  Does that mean that I could also use those as re-bid zones as well since most likely I wouldn't get them and if I did I would be happy as well?  I've looked on the priceline express deals and the only 4* hotel listed is in the Shinjuku area.  The rest are either 5* (3 of them, Shinjuku, City Center, Chiyoda), or 3* (14 hotels).  Does this mean that none of the other areas have any 4* hotels available to bid on? 

I hope I was specific enough.  I tried to provide as much research information as I could.  Please reply if you need anymore information regarding my travels. 

Thank you!

Please start by following-up your previous Hotwire Morristown thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip, then reply here and we will have a look at your post above.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please start by following-up your previous Hotwire Morristown thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip, then reply here and we will have a look at your post above.

Decided not to go on that trip so no information to update on that.  Sorry about not replying to that thread.  Will definitely update this thread as soon as I get your help.  Thanks again!

Current priceline express deals is $129 per night Guest Rating 7+    Hotel amenities:  Restaurant, Free Internet, Bed Choice available.

First off, does anyone know what hotel this would likely be? The priceline hotel list shows it as being the Hilton Tokyo Hotel.  It's the only one listed, not sure if the information is still up to date.

There are no PRICELINE EXPRESS hotels reported to the board in this zone (they would be listed under each zone as "PRICELINE EXPRESS"). As well, see the comments at the top of the Priceline Hotel List... the hotel lists only contain hotels that have been reported to the board. Are you willing to pay $129/nite for a 4* hotel in this zone at this point in time? (as you mentioned your budgeting being closer to $100/nite at the moment)

If I have researched correctly, I will have 3 re-bid zones to work with if I bid minimum of 4*: 

1) Ota - Tokyo International Airport

2) Shinagawa

3) Taito - Bunkyo Zone

Yes, you have your re-bid zones correct, but always double check just before bidding to make sure nothing has changed since you last checked.

I also wouldn't mind staying at some other locations like city center or ginza for example but they seem to be prohibitively more expensive areas.

You should include all zones that are acceptable as it will give you more bidding opportunities and be able to increase your bids in smaller increments. If you let us know know all acceptable zones, and confirm your maximum bid price, we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Does this mean that none of the other areas have any 4* hotels available to bid on?

No, the bidding side of PRICELINE, the PRICELINE EXPRESS side, and the 'retail' side all use a different universe of hotels, there are hotels that may work with one side of their service but not another side of their service.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know the zones you're willing to accept and your maximum bid and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Using your THREE re-bid zones you can bid as follows:

Select 4* Shinjuku-ku - Ikebukuro and Shibuya - Meguro...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Ginza Shopping District and City Center - Business District...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Shinjuku-ku - Ikebukuro, Ginza Shopping District, City Center - Business District...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Shinjuku-ku - Ikebukuro, Ginza Shopping District, Shibuya - Meguro...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Shinjuku-ku - Ikebukuro, Ginza Shopping District, City Center - Business District, Shibuya - Meguro...

Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Since i did your look-up yesterday i only saw the hotel offered at $139 or $140 (likely just a currency rounding issue)... i never saw this hotel offered at $129/nite.

Regardless, whether the hotel is priced at $129 or $140, no hotel is likely going to accept at $75 or less which is why our bidding strategies always start lower than we think possible and go up gradually, so that you get the lowest possible price. What if you wait for the next $10 price drop but instead the next move is another $10 higher?

As well, as noted above, the bidding side of PRICELINE and the PRICELINE EXPRESS side of PRICELINE each use a different universe of hotels, and maybe the current PRICELINE EXPRESS offer doesn't participate with PRICELINE... or maybe the lowest priced hotel currently available thru the bidding side of PRICELINE doesn't utilize the PRICELINE EXPRESS side.

I would follow the bidding strategy above and hope for a win since all other options are currently over your budget.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]