Hotwire Hotel: 4* New York City (East Village - Lower East Side) Wyndham Garden Chinatown

robbo1979
By robbo1979,
in

Hi there

I'm looking to for 4 nights in NYC, arriving Thursday May 27 and departing Sunday May 31.

From the Priceline map, we would ideally like to be in either Chelsea, Madison Square Garden, Grenwich Village or Hells Kitchen.  Would also accept Midtown West or Times Square if a good deal came up.

My ideal budget range is $150-$180, which I think is realistic but could stretch to $200 for a really good deal.

Would appreciate any advice or tips that anyone can offer.

Thanks

Have just found the following on options on Hotwire, anybody able to help try and identify?

3.5* Chelsea $173 per night, 85% Recommended.

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

3.5* Midtown Central $169 per night, 85% Recommended.

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

3.5* Midtown East $181 per night.  95% Recommended.

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

Any help would be greatly appreicated.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Best guess/comments are inline below:

3.5* Chelsea $173 per night, 85% Recommended.

--> no guess as there are too many options for these common amenities in NYC

3.5* Midtown Central $169 per night, 85% Recommended.

--> do you also see a Fitness amenity listed for this property?

3.5* Midtown East $181 per night.  95% Recommended.

--> Hotel Boutique at Grand Central

I will add that PRICELINE EXPRESS has some 4* hotels in the $170-$200 area if you're willing to pay a little more for a higher rated hotel.

Among them is this 4 star Midtown East (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $197/nite and although it only shows a Restaurant amenity, it does have a 9.0+ user review rating. My guess here would be the Fitzpatrick Grand Central, which if correct, gets excellent reviews.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed (or how it goes if you take any of the offers above) and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your reply theruare, really appreciate your input.  I looked at The Fitzpatrick and it really does have great reviews - but it worked out at $239/night inc taxes which is pushing our budget a bit too far unfortunately.

We are visiting New York (from Australia) to get married and have already 'splashed out' and booked the Hotel on Rivington for 3 nights over the wedding.  Will also be staying in Williamsburg later in our trip.

This search is for a hotel during our first four nights, somewhere that we can relax after the long flight but also with access to shopping/nightlife.  Was hoping to get somewhere for as close to $200 inc taxes as possible.  Originally thought around Midtown but are happy to keep our options open.

Do you think we would have more luck bidding via Price.line?

Thanks in advance.

After looking around and researching further using all of the information on here, we ended up going with this option on HOTWIRE - predicting that it would be Wyndham Garden Chinatown.

It has some pretty solid ratings/reviews and also well ranked on TripAdvisor so we are pretty happy with the outcome (even though we originally planned for Chelsea area!).

Thanks for your input.

Congratulations on your success... glad to see you found something that works for your needs and budget and that you're pleased with the results.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities HOTWIRE shows for this property when viewing your purchase history using the MY ACCOUNT link on the top right of their home page.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks, enjoy your time in NYC.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]