Priceline Hotel: San Francisco 4/22 & 4/23

MalonT23
By MalonT23,
in

Hey There,

I have been reading some of the other threads and am not sure if I should just post in a similar dated thread or start a new one, so I hope it is ok to start a new thread.  

We actually arrive in San Francisco on 4/21, but do not get into the airport until 9pm, based on what I have seen in other threads getting a hotel closer the airport that night would be best, so I will do that separately.  That still leaves me with the 22 and 23rd.  I am willing to go as high as $200/nights and the desired areas are Fisherman's Wharf, Union Square West, Union Square East, or perhaps another area that anyone would recommend.  

I followed the bidding process yesterday for Fisherman's wharf and my bid was rejected, I followed the re-bidding process and went up to $200 and it was still rejected.  I can keep going with the other areas, but since the 4/22 date looks so expensive I didn't know if anyone had any further suggestions on how I should proceed.  I feel I understand the re-bidding process pretty well and have the list of areas that do not offer the four star and am using that as I increase my bid each time.  

Any suggestions would help.

Thanks

Welcome to BetterBidding! (and sorry for the delayed reply)

Thank you for starting a NEW TOPIC for this stay (as opposed to replying to an existing thread) as this will enable us to use this topic title to reflect your ultimately purchase, as well as have a link in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins and Priceline Maps.

Given the extremely higher rates for these dates, and one of the more expensive nites in the middle of your trip, makes this a difficult stay... have you considered two (or all three) nites at the airport and then commuting downtown? What are your needs for this trip.. is it purely a pleasure trip to explore the city?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for your response. 

The trip is for pleasure only but its our first trip to San Francisco ever.  We were hoping to not have to rent a car but if we stay by the airport we will have to which won't be the worst thing I guess.  I am open to other areas as well.  

I do have a question about Union Square West.  When I check the box for a four star hotel, the price that comes up for median retail price is $104, is this true?  When I do a hotel search none of those prices come up for a four star. Am I missing something?  

Thanks for any help you can give me on this.

We were hoping to not have to rent a car but if we stay by the airport we will have to which won't be the worst thing I guess.

No, i wouldn't rent a car, even if staying by the airport... the idea would be to get a hotel that has a shuttle to the airport, then from there you can take BART 'downtown'. It's certainly not as convenient as staying directly downtown, but it's do-able, and you have to decide of the inconvenience is worth the savings. If renting a car you may have to pay for parking at the hotel, and you will almost certainly need to pay for parking when you get downtown (in addition to the actual cost of the rental)

I do have a question about Union Square West.  When I check the box for a four star hotel, the price that comes up for median retail price is $104, is this true?  When I do a hotel search none of those prices come up for a four star. Am I missing something?

Ignore the median price information shown by PRICELINE... it's not accurate and not meaningful to use when developing a bidding strategy.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]