Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Brooklyn) Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel

Simarik3
By Simarik3,
in

Hello again,

I was hoping you could help me with my bidding strategy for a 1-night stay in NYC in June (normal prices are incredibly high!).

We would like a 4* (or higher) hotel in one of the following areas: Soho, Union Square, Chelsea, Brooklyn.

We have already tried $120 obviously with no success... do you think there's any chance we could get something for less than $150?

Or should we start looking at other areas like Financial District, Chinatown, Hell's Kitchen or a 3.5*?

Thanks!

At the 4* level, I'd guess you could possibly get a win towards the top end of your budget in the financial district area. Otherwise, a 4* will likely take at least slightly-to-moderately (and significantly more in some areas) than your desired budget for this night, unfortunately. Rates are looking pretty similar at the 3.5* level. Hell's Kitchen is not a zone I'd bid in from the standpoint of there are only a few hotels in the zone in total and other, more hotel-dense zones are likely better options.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks! in the end we decided to extend the stay and we split it between two hotels and here are the deals we got:

5/28-5/31 - 4* - $55 - Golden Nugget

5/31 - 6/4 - 5* - $110 - Vdara

Please start by posting your second purchase as a NEW TOPIC so that others will be aware of your win when searching the topic titles on the board and in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins and Priceline Maps.

As far as your NYC stay, have you ever been to NYC before and what is the purpose/things planned for this trip? If you don't have specific plans to be in Brooklyn i wouldn't include that zone in your bidding as the zone is geographically large and you could end up with a long commute into Manhattan (and there are better choices, imo)

If you let us know more about your requirements/wants for this trip we can advise of your best options, as i do see some possibilities near your $150 budget depending upon your priorities in terms of location, star rating, budget, etc.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have been to NYC many times but always stayed in Midtown or up so this time we wanted to try something different.

Since we are only going to be there for 1 night, I want to visit Smorgasburg so I thought Brooklyn could have been a good choice, I know the Priceline area is big but I have noticed that the only 4* hotels are in the Brooklyn Bridge area (Sheraton, Marriott) but prices are higher than I expected. 

Of course staying in the Financial District is an option but until now no bids have been successful: Last bid attempt was for a 4* in Financial District, Brooklyn and Chelsea for $140 and it was rejected. (There's a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal for $179 and I think it's the Gild Hall but I wanted to spend a bit less).

We could sacrifice location but I don't want to end up in a 3* in Chinatown. Do you think UES, Times Square or UWS could have something for $150? Even if we have stayed there, we can always use the metro or ferry to get to Smorgasburg.

Thanks for your help!

Do you think UES, Times Square or UWS could have something for $150?

My guess is that you may be looking more at $155-$165, but $150 isn't out of the question. If you list all acceptable zones, and confirm your maximum bid, we will outline a strategy for you to follow.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're pleased with the outcome and this property works well for your needs this trip.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]