Priceline Hotel: 2* New York City (Lower East Side) Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge

custer
By custer,
in

Hey, happy new year to everyone!

I'm planning on a trip to New York City in March 2015 and while I was looking for hotels I came across your site. I made some Priceline and Hotwire searches and have a question concerning a hotel. I was hoping to find some help here since this is the first time I consider using Hotwire/Priceline. 

We're 2 persons (girlfriend + me) and we're arriving on JFK on March, 17th 2015. We would like to stay in a hotel in Manhattan until March, 22nd. So it's 5 nights and we're planning to spend about 100-130$ a night (taxes already included). We're totally okay with a 2* hotel as long as we have our own bathroom and we're not too far away from the next subway station. 

I found 2 hotels that would fit into the budget and the desired location:

Hotwire:

2 Star East Village - Lower East Side area Hotel

90% recommended

Tripadvisor 4.0 out of 5.0

Amenities: 

Free breakfast

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Business center

Internet access

Accessible for visually impaired

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

97€ a night (should be about 117/118$) instead of 138€ (167$) so it's a total of approx. 740$ for the 5 nights.

Could this be the Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge? Or the Comfort Inn Lower Eastside?

And another one on Priceline Express Deals:

2 Star Hotel in Lower East Side Area for €103/night (about 125$). When I'm choosing this hotel on Priceline I'm able to make a bed choice and there's a "1 Queen Bed - Nonsmoking Room" for 83€ (100$) per night. 

The hotel is a "Guest Favorite" with a score "Rated 8.0out of 10 (or higher)". Guaranteed Amenities: Pets Allowed, Free Internet, Free Breakfast. It costs about 632$ for 5 nights. 

Could this be the same hotel as on Hotwire? 

Are there any "hidden" costs like resort fees or taxes that we would have to pay additionally? I just would like to make sure that there are no additional fees that we have to pay afterwards. Furthermore, is there any chance to make a bed choice on Hotwire? I'm really concerned about getting a smoking room when I'm not able to make a bed choice on Hotwire.

Are there any other hotels you would recommend? We would like to visit the typical tourist attractions so it would be awesome to stay somewhere central in Manhattan. Should we book right now or would it be better to wait some more weeks to see if there are any other deals coming up? 

We're thankful for any help and I would like to apologize for any mistakes in my text since I'm not a native english speaker.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please change the drop down menu on the top right of HOT.WIRE's page to United States and the currency dropdown to US Dollars. Then continue to search HOT.WIRE and post to the board in US Dollars so that rates are consistent and not subject to interpretation due to future currency fluctuation. Once you're ready to purchase stay on the US version of their site and simply change the drop down menu to whatever currency you'd like to use and complete your purchase.

For the 2* HOTWIRE offer my guess would be the Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge... for the PRICELINE EXPRESS property i would guess the same hotel, although there is an outside chance it could also be the Comfort Inn on Ludlow (but i think the Manhattan Bridge property is the more likely of the two)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hot.wire and Price.line are different services and prices can vary moderately between PRICELINE EXPRESS and Hot.wire listings. Price.line bidding - where you have to have the most flexibility - is usually the cheapest option.

In NYC, there are only 2-3 hotels with resort fees, it's not like Vegas or Orlando where most properties change some manner of resort fee.

Some properties on PRICELINE EXPRESS do offer a bed choice, but when it is showing it may be limited to a couple of options and will likely not give any/much detail beyond the specific bed type. Hot.wire also offers a bed choice, but it's seen very rarely.

Are you seeing any other listings within your desired budget per night on PRICELINE EXPRESS or Hot.wire?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

If you look at the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer above the room description indicates that the room is non-smoking.

Your budget is not that high for NYC, so if you find something acceptable within your budget i would take it as i don't think there will be too many offers within your current budget.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you ultimately decide or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're happy with the outcome.

If you like sushi, this place is an easy walk from your hotel and has an extensive $3.50 menu from 4pm-7pm (M-F) and from noon-7pm (Sat+Sun)... about a dozen rolls to choose from, as well as salads, beer, wine, saki, and a few hot appetizers all priced at $3.50/each:

Jin NYC

252 Broome Street

And if you're a candy fan:

Economy Candy

108 Rivington St

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]