Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* London (Kensington - Shepherds Bush - Westfield London) Hotel Indigo London Kensington - Earls Court

brandolphsmith
By brandolphsmith,
in

Looking at two hotels for August 30 - 31 for 2 guests

4.5* Hotel Kensington - Shepherds Bush - Westfield London Area - $132 (down from $217)

Amentities

Free Internet

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Spa Services

95% recommended (17 total reviews)

4.5* Boutique Hotel Kensington - Shepherds Bush - Westfield London Area - $135 (down from $228)

Amentities

Free Internet

Boutique Hotel

Fitness Center

100% recommended (26 total reviews)

Also considering

4* Hotel Notting Hill - Bayswater - Paddington Station area - $103 (down from $203)

Amenities

Pet friendly

Indoor pool(s)

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Internet access

Accessibility

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

80% recommended (140 total reviews)

3.5 out of 5.0 on TripAdvisor

Welcome to BetterBidding!

None of these properties have yet been reported to the board as-is, but my best guess/comments for each:

1) Dorsett Shepherds Bush

2) Rydges Kensington London (given the limited amenity set i'm least confident in this one, as well, the price seems too low for this property)

3) I believe there are likely more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above? Using this method below is the full amenity set i'm seeing when searching for your dates:

Pet Friendly

Indoor Pool

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... if this is what you're seeing, a new amenity set for the Hilton Metropole would be my best guess for this one.

While i'm not certain of either of the 4.5* properties, either of the above would look to be a better value given the high user recommendation figures of both vs. the mediocre 3.5/5.0 TA rating of the 4 star property.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Looking at biddinghelper, you are correct re: Hilton Metropole for #3.

I went to book the boutique (#2) - thinking it was Rydges - but it had been booked at that point. Oh well.

Any idea about this additional property:

4* Kensington - Shepherds Bush - Westfield London - $122 (down from $234)

FULL AMENITIES:

Smoke Free Rooms,

Internet access

85% recommended (9 total reviews)

Those are all the amentities listed via biddinghelper Hotwire Easy View.

Thanks for the help so far!

I don't have a guess for this 4* property and with so few amenities i'm not able to gain any additional insight for this one, but for only ~$10 more per nite why not the first 4.5* hotel you inquired about?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The boutique hotel popped back up, so I went with that.

4.5* Boutique Hotel Kensington - Shepherds Bush - Westfield London Area - $135 (down from $228)
Amentities
Free Internet
Boutique Hotel
Fitness Center
100% recommended (26 total reviews)

Turned out to be Hotel Indigo London Kensington - Earl's Court

I was concerned with location more than price. I have an early flight out of Heathrow and need to be on the direct tube line. This hotel ends up being better than any of the other options.

No additional info on any of the other hotels I didn't purchase.

Thanks for the help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]