Flights to Maui

glitterglamm
By glitterglamm,
in

I would like to take my family to Maui at the end of August/Early September.  Is there any tips for getting a decent fair.  I normally fly out of Cleveland/Detroit but all of those flights are well over $1000.  I did look at Hawaiian Airlines out of Chicago and managed to get a round trip flight for 822.  Does anyone have any suggestions for shaving that price down any?  I will be purchasing 4 airline tickets.  

Thanks for your help!

Do you have firm dates in mind? How much of a discount would you need to make an 'opaque' purchase worthwhile (where you won't have the ability to pick the flight times, city or length of layover, etc)?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Availability of airfare deals have been getting better, but deals are still far and few between. The amount of discount that you're looking for is not unreasonable, but i'd still be a bit surprised if you're successful at there are still few empty seats on most routes which means they airlines don't need to discount tickets very much in order to fill the plans, and this may be a busy time of year given many families may take end of year trips before the kids go back to school.

If you want to try bidding you have an almost unlimited number of re-bids (see the second post of Priceline Airfare Re-Bidding) so you can start ~$500 and increase your bids between $10-$25 per re-bid, greater increments at the lower bid amounts and smaller increments at the larger bid amounts... until you read your maximum bid.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I want to try to bid for a flight to Maui, for November 5-14. I'm a little nervous to bid, I don't want to get a flight that's 20 hours long, going all around the country. I would be flying from Cleveland OH to Maui.

Does Priceline show you how long the flight will be and how many connections before buying, or once you enter your information, they will book whatever flight accepted the price?

Thanks for any advice i can get.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]