Priceline Hotel: London this week. Good idea or not?

Bepo
By Bepo,
in

I have an opportunity to go to London in three days. But they only thing that would make this possible is if I can get a hotel for under $100.  I've stayed previously at the Marriott in Maida Vale for less than $100, but that was bidding some months out. I'm open to any area, but wonder if bidding late like this for a hotel is a good idea or a bad one.

I'd prefer 3stars and up, in around Regents Park, but London is not hard to get around so I'm open to areas I don't know..

Help and suggestions, please.

It depends on what time my flight would be. But I'm looking at either starting Wednesday night or Thursday night, until next Wednesday.   I don't know if places would look to fill vacancies at last minute or figure they can ask for higher rates.

As noted above rates can vary, sometimes significantly, from one day to the next. I'd start with our BiddingHelper.com and search for both sets of dates... then use the tabs to see rates for HOTWIRE and PRICELINE EXPRESS, this will at least give you a 'worst case scenario' for prices and see if anything is at or close to your budget.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know once your plans/travel dates are firm and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

HI, thanks for your help and response.  I think I'm just going to scratch it for now. Part of the fun of the trip to London is planning, and given a short (two or three day) lead time, I'm not looking forward to this trip. I'm going to put it off for now. Feel free to delete the whole thread if you'd prefer.  I'll be back for suggestions when I have more time to plan and build up anticipation.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]