Hotwire Hotel: Need Help Identifying 3* and 3.5* Hotel in Waikiki Central

604girly
By 604girly,
in

My travel dates are Friday May 2 - Tues May 6. Can I please get some help IDing? I clicked the quick quote and bidding helper links above to do the research

Thanks in advance. 

3* Hotel in Waikiki Central $91 per night

Free Parking

Free Internet

Near Beach

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Self service laundry

Internet access

Wheelchair accessible

3.5* Hotel in Waikiki Central $108 per night (looks like Vive Hotel Waikiki??)

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

Near Beach

Business Center

Internet access

Golf Nearby

Any decision for the Hotwire Maui portion of your trip?

Please post a follow-up there with your current thoughts/decision, then reply here and we'll have a look at the offers above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Nope it was a Priceline.Express that I was requesting information on. I am thinking to wait it out to see if Hot.wire or Price.line Express prices will drop a bit. 

Ive tried bidding before up to $30 difference in total trip price from the total express price and I didn't end up winning. They offered for me to go $39 more per night which will end up being more expensive. Does this seem normal?

As soon as I end up booking I will update the Maui forum with prices.

I clicked the links quoted. Thank you!

Please keep your threads updated with your biding experience (even if not successful) and/or any change in your current thoughts.. even rejected bid information can help others keep a perspective of realistic prices if they are looking to travel around the same time.

I don't have a guess for the 3* Waikiki property... although Free Parking in this zone is somewhat rare.

I'd agree that the Vive Hotel Waikiki seems like a likely guess for the 3.5* property.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I did some research and my best guess for the 3* star central Waikiki with parking would be the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani. It shows up on Hot.wire with a $24.88 hotel fee per night. For that area thats the only 3* hotel that includes parking in the resort fee but instead it shows up for $26.18 per night. Another clue is the tripadvisor 3.5 out of 5 Rating (Hotwire). 

The common review of the 3.5* Vive Hotel for $521.86USD are about the tiny and cramped rooms with no central a/c only window. The Possible 3* Sheraton $533.30 (including parking) looks dirty from some complaints with pictures. I will need to think this through and see if I should up my budget.

3.5* Waikiki Beach Hotel for $127per night + $20.94 resort/hotel fee = Subtotal $694.54 after all fees 

I need some help verifying if it is the Aston Waikiki Beach hotel or the Pacific Beach Hotel. Thanks!

FULL AMENITIES: Near Beach, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Self service laundry, Internet access, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby, Spa Services, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

• 5 weeks later...

I am ready to start bidding or making the purchase now. I would be happy with the Vive Hotel Waikiki (3.5* Central Waikiki). It had the amenities listed before on hotwire that matched this property. Today when I tried to use hotwire or the BiddingHelper it seems like there is no amenities listed at all now.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

The previous 3.5* property is no longer offered for your dates at this time... it has been replaced with a 'new' hotel that is not showing any amenities to be associated with it.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Heres an update

I tried bidding on priceline for 4* for waikiki beach & 4* waikiki central

started at $145, $150, $153  with no luck today.

I can get the Hilton Waikiki beach for $725 directly from the hotel with a coupon. So I wont go any higher on priceline for this.

I will continue my search for a deal. Thanks!

May 2-May 6 (4 nights)

Waikiki Beach 3.5* $106

Amenities Include: Pool(s), Business Center and more...

FULL AMENITIES: Near Beach, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Tennis Nearby

Rate per night  $106.00

Nights  4 Rooms (2 adults) 

1 Subtotal  $424.00

Tax recovery charges + fees $87.58

Hotwire total  $511.58

It seems like the only hotels common for this waikiki beach is Aston Waikiki beach Hotel or Pacific Beach Hotel at this star level.

Previously the amenities were different for those hotels with resort fee listed. I am curious on this hotel since it doesnt show any resort fee.

Can I get some help on ID'ing this hotel? Is it possible to have resort fee if its not mentioned on Hot.wire?

Thanks!

Did some research and zoomed into the maps on HOTWIRE for the waikiki beach cut off area.

The other 3.5* hotel within the shaded area for regular price on hotwire are:

3.5* Embassy beachwalk $309 regular on hotwire (no resort fee)

3.5* Park Shore Waikiki $189 regular on hotwire (no resort fee)

Because of the huge price difference for Embassy beachwalk I have a gut feeling it might be Park Shore?

If you change your search to 2adults/1child and a 'new' 3.5* hotel appears for the same price (or within a few dollars) with these amenities:

Near Beach

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Golf

Tennis

Spa

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Wheelchair Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

While the price is the same/similar as the 2adult/0children search, i think it is likely they are different properties. My best guess for this property would be the Pacific Beach Hotel, making the previous 2adult/0children property something different... possibly a new 3.5* hotel recently added to the system.

There can be a resort fee even if not shown by HOTWIRE, but these days it's rare for their to be one if not shown as they have gotten pretty good about having all of this information in the description and "know before you go" section.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Update

I really want to stay at the Hilton Waikiki Beach since its a 4* hotel relatively close to the beach with no resort fee. I tried bidding on priceline again for 4* Waikiki Central with no luck all the way up to $151. They did counter offer for $178 or something like that. Also, popped up with a limited time offer on a priceline express 4* waikiki central for $168 but it was out of my budget after all the fees.

For the 3.5* star Pacific Beach Hotel that is hidden on Hotwire secret hotel it was approx. $605 after resort fee. At the end I ordered the Pacific Beach for $522+$60 resort with continental breakfast through another source.

Which is not my ideal hotel since its more of a dated 3* type but the location is prime. If I am able to find any last minute deals for a 4* star hotel in the area I will switch.

I would like to thank all of you for the help and I will make sure to return to make some purchase with your links.  :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]