Hotwire Hotel: 4* Hollywood Beach area hotel

Cool Canadian
By Cool Canadian,
in

HOTWIRE only shows one hotel at each star rating in each zone... the hotel with the lowest price is the one offered. So it is likely, that in time, as hotels raise/lower rates based upon their occupancy levels, that the offerings will change.

You can see if the above matches anything in the Hotwire Hotel List. If you believe you've found a match which you would be willing to purchase at this point in time, let us know and we'll try to confirm it for you. Otherwise, let us know once you're ready to commit to a purchase and we'll have a look at any offerings you're interested in at that time.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok, I will tell you when I'm ready (and use the links). Do you think the hotels could be the Westin Diplomat or W Fort Lauderdale?

Is it more likely to get the Westin Diplomat or the Crowne Plaza (Hoping for Westin)? Thanks. Also would I be able to cancel or get credit for another stay in case I buy and change my mind?

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

If your Miami stay is different than the stay above let us know and we'll separate that post to its own thread.

You can see all hotels reported to the board via PRICELINE in our Priceline Hotel List.

All PRICELINE and HOTWIRE hotels are non-cancellabel/non-refundable/non-tranferable.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok, never mind the Miami thing.

I just got more info:

4 Star Hollywood Beach Area Hotel

December 18, 2010 to January 1, 2011

$124 per night

Amenities:

Resort

Near Beach

Smoke Free

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

High Speed Internet

Golf Nearby

Recommended in 80% of customer reviews.

500+ total reviews

3 1/2 Tripadvisor "dots"

More info here

Is this most likely the Westin Diplomat or Crowne Plaza?

on Tripadvisor, Westinn Diplomat has 467 reviews, Crowne Plazza has 191.

Hotwire lists Crowne Plazza brand hotels as 3.5*, but your site says Crowne Plazza Hollywood is 4*.

What hotel do you think this is? Thanks ( I will use the link )

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

If your Miami stay is different than the stay above let us know and we'll separate that post to its own thread.

You can see all hotels reported to the board via PRICELINE in our Priceline Hotel List.

All PRICELINE and HOTWIRE hotels are non-cancellabel/non-refundable/non-tranferable.

Do you know what it could be judging by what i said?

4 Star Hollywood Beach Area Hotel

December 18, 2010 to January 1, 2011

$124 per night

Amenities:

Resort

Near Beach

Smoke Free

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

High Speed Internet

Golf Nearby

Recommended in 80% of customer reviews.

500+ total reviews

3 1/2 Tripadvisor "dots"

Is this most likely the Westin Diplomat or Crowne Plaza?

Hotwire lists Crowne Plazza brand hotels as 3.5*, but your site says Crowne Plazza Hollywood is 4*.

What hotel do you think this is? Thanks ( I will use the link )

Please keep all discussion of this stay within this thread.

This would likely be the Crowne Plaza. If you waited, there is certainly a possibility that the Westin could appear, but there's definitely no guarantee (and while you wait, the prices could go up if these are busy dates.)

Not all hotels in a chain are at the same star rating - one Crowne Plaza could be 4*, another could be 3.5*. There are many, many examples of this.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Please keep all discussion of this stay within this thread.

This would likely be the Crowne Plaza. If you waited, there is certainly a possibility that the Westin could appear, but there's definitely no guarantee (and while you wait, the prices could go up if these are busy dates.)

Not all hotels in a chain are at the same star rating - one Crowne Plaza could be 4*, another could be 3.5*. There are many, many examples of this.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

So I can wait for the Westin and it might appear... GREAT!

It may or may not - there's no way to know. Again though, waiting may result in prices also going up between now and your stay.

I really do not want to stay in the Crowne Plaza!! I will wait and see if the Diplomat goes up... How much do you suppose the price would go up?

For people who stayed at both, which is nicer: Westin Diplomat or W Fort Lauderdale? Thanks (I will use the HOTWIRE link)

Should I just Book the W fort lauderdale? Is it just as nice?

Is there any way to know weather it more likely to get the Eden Roc or The Palms in Miami Beach? The dates are December 18, 10 - January 1, 11. Is there better chances of getting one or the other?

Also, on your forum it says that the Fontainebleau is a resort, but when I search for hotels in Miami, there is no resort option... Has it been changed to a four star - or is it no longer bookable?

Thanks

P.S. I will use your links!!

Is there any way to know weather it more likely to get the Eden Roc or The Palms in Miami Beach? The dates are December 18, 10 - January 1, 11. Is there better chances of getting one or the other?

Also, on your forum it says that the Fontainebleau is a resort, but when I search for hotels in Miami, there is no resort option... Has it been changed to a four star - or is it no longer bookable?

Thanks

P.S. I will use your links!!

The Fountainbleau is now 4* rated by PRICELINE... there is no way to know if this property is still participating in the "name your own price" side of PRICELINE. We do see hotels go for months/years without being reported as a win, only to suddenly, and unexpectedly, appear again out of the blue. This particular property has not been reported to the board since 2004, so i would say the odds of winning it are low, but new hotels (or old once which haven't been reported in some time) can be suddenly re-appear, so i wouldn't necessarily exclude it from the possibilities, but i wouldn't expect it either.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]