CA Long Beach Holiday Inn Downtown

Randi66
By Randi66,
in

I stayed here 3 different times during a 2 week period in March. March 10th and 11th, March 14, 15th and 16th and March 22nd and 23rd. I paid 47$, 43$ and 40$. This hotel is considered to be in the "AIRPORT ZONE", but its closer to downtown. The parking is free which is nice and I never had a problem finding a spot. The Hotel is right next to a large Hospital. The area looks a bit shady( if you're not used to Long Beach), but since I used to live in Long Beach, I was familar with it and it didnt bother me. One night while I was using the computer in the lobby, a transient came in and started shouting obscenities. Three hotel staff removed him immedietely.

On my first stay, I was given a room on the 2nd floor. The room was basic. King size bed, desk, chair,fridge, microwave, horrible view. The next two stays I was upgraded to a "renovated room" on the 4th floor. These rooms had fridges and microwaves too, along with flat screen TV's. The furniture was newer, but the beds were the same. The beds were very comfortable. If you're a priority club member, show your card for a free gift bag of samples and snack items.

The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The pool was nice and the fitness center was adequate. My only complaint was the WIFI in the room was horrible. I had a very difficult time getting connected( some days it didnt work at all). Overall, a pleasant stay for the price paid.

Happy Travelling, Randi
  • 6 months later...

We stayed here October 15th (3 rooms). $45 x2 and $40 x1

I chose this zone to be close to the airport. Not happy that an 'airport' zoned hotel has no airport shuttle service and is downtown. If I wanted to stay downtown, I would have chosen one there. I bid knowing the risk of getting this property.

Our 2nd floor room had lights burned out, no A/C, and smelled of cigarette smoke even though it was non-smoking. The hallway smelled the same. Due to schedule/time constraints, I was unable to switch rooms. The area didn't bother me but I can see it is in an area that would not be considered as desirable. Old CRT TV didn't appear to work too well.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]