Hotwire Hotel: 4* London (Regents Park-Baker Street-Camden Lock) Holiday Inn Camden

greatgator
By greatgator,
in

We (Husband, our 7 yr. old and I) are planning a trip to London 6/21-6/26. I have been researching hotels and know that I'll have to go through Hotwire to assure a room for 3. We are looking to keep the room around $200 a night and would like 4*. Should we try for closer to the center of the city....or would we do better for our money staying further out? Without knowing particular neighborhoods it's hard to decide.

Also...we would like to take a day to take the train to Paris from St. Pancras and would like to be easily accessible to that station (coming back late at night).

I've looked at the Novotel Paddinton but a decent Holiday Inn would be OK

Any suggestions? THANKS

Welcome to BetterBidding :)

St. Pancras is easy to access from any area with the underground.

You have to ask your self if the location is more important than the money. You can stay "cheap" at Heathrow airport but you need to travel each day and tickets adds up in the end. Docklands are also usally cheap.

The dates for your stay is good. Rates are on the lower side in some zones.

There's a 4* $119 in (Regents Park - Baker Street - Camden Lock) zone W/Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business. best guess for this hotel would be Holiday Inn Camden Lock. It's a very nice hotel close to the underground (black North line).

Thoughts?

Yellowdog.

Thanks...I'm going to try for the Camden Lock Holiday Inn for 4 nights and then the airport for the 5th since we have a 6AM flight to Spain. The price just went up to $139 (from $119). Should I wait a day or two....or try different times of the day? Or should I just assume $139 is it now?

This forum is SO HELPFUL!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]