Priceline Hotel: New York - 5/21 - 5/25

WillTravel
By WillTravel,
in

Through a Twitter special a week or so ago (sadly no longer available), I got the Roosevelt at a cancellable $99 rate for my upcoming stay.

From what I can see, this is about as good a hotel as you can expect at the 3.5* level, in a good location.

I suspect this will be hard to beat, and I want to ensure I don't get a worse hotel in a worse location, for just minor savings.

Any thoughts on whether or what I should try, in terms of zones or bids, for a standard tourist visit?

• 1 month later...

I think this was one of my best deals ever, considering what happened to hotel prices during this period. You can see this by other bids people reported in this time period. I booked a "Cozy Queen", but I think the room was at least 12 x 20, which I consider good-sized for a world-class city hotel room. Undoubtedly some rooms are smaller. Everything about the hotel and room was fine, and definitely 3.5* standard, and the location is so convenient.

Glad you had a good stay.

Yes, rates for these dates certainly skyrocketed (an understatement to say the least) and another good example of why having a refundable back-up is always a good idea... as well as evidence that the best deals don't always come waiting until the last minute and inside of one week.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]