Discount Broadway tickets

sgaz
By sgaz,
in

I will be in NYC this June... my first visit there. I will be staying in the Manhattan/Times Square area. I have heard that there are discounted "day of" Broadway or off Broadway tickets available at ticket booths in the city. Does anyone have any information or experience with this? I would appreciate any info you have.

The whole process is interesting. There are large electronic signs listing possible availability. Lines are organized a la Disney, but street vendors are at work, there are all the neon moving signs around the area, and of course the New York people-watching is prime. The line moves reasonably quickly.

My son and I were able to get tickets to Stomp via the process. He did the line, and I wandered about, bringing him back coffee and checking out the tourist info place in the area.

Romelle

• 2 weeks later...
Also check out BroadwayBox.com for really great discountcodes for show tix.

www.broadwaybox.com

Definitely try BroadwayBox.com. I've gotten great discounts there and don't have the patience to wait on the TKTS line. Another great resource is www.goldstar.com for a variety of tickets/events.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]