Priceline Hotel: DC June 10-13

zetachi
By zetachi,
in

Looking for a hotel in and around capitol and museums. Downtown and Capitol Hill area I would guess.

It's for me and my 8 year old son for a 3 day trip in June.

any recommendations. I would like a hotel with a pool if possible as that is a nice way to end a busy day of touring.

I'd like to keep to the $80-$100 /night limit.

Thanks in advance.

HOTWIRE has a 3* w/pool and other amenities for $119 in the Dupont Circle/Embassy Row area. There are cheaper listings w/pools in some of the outlying areas, as well.

If not getting a pool is acceptable, would you be interested in pushing towards the top end of your budget for a higher rated hotel, or would you be more interested in getting a lower priced 3*?

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I'm thinking that i'd rather be in the capitol hill/downtown area with a slightly less * hotel, since we'll only have 3 days the less traveling we need to do the better. So closer to the museums and other touristy stuff. Rather then a better hotel further out form center. While the pool would be nice it's not a deal breaker.

• 2 weeks later...

So I've been looking at the prices for the 3.5 Capitol Hill/Convention center and I'm trying to ascertain if the 3 listed are still 3.5. The Marriott and the Wash court seem to be but the Hyatt seems to bounce b/w 4 and 3.5. Can anyone confirm it is still in the 3.5 category?

I've been trying to track bidding/winning on these 3 and seems the recent swing is towards the Hyatt for this time period which would be nice, before that the Marriott was the winner and the Wash court has not been used since April.

I know I'd be a 2/3 shot to get the ones with the pool (Hyatt/Marriott) but 'd give it a shot if the Hyatt is still 3.5

If the Hyatt you're refering to is THIS ONE it is currently rated 3.5* by PRICELINE.

If you need help with a bidding strategy feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

hmm odd. Today I put a bid in for a 3.5 star in Wash DC Convention center zone. The bid was for $60 and was rejected. When I go to add a new zone and re-bid I noticed that Priceline automatically added 4 star to my choices. Is this normal? While a 4 star is def nicer then a 3 star I wanted one of the 3 stars as the odds were better in getting a hotel with a pool.

I'll be holding off now for the 24 hrs period and hope I can re-bid again for 3.5 star.

When you select a star rating it is the minimum you are willing to accept... PRICELINE will always try to upgrade you to a higher rated hotel.

If you're looking for a hotel with a pool, have you searched HOTWIRE to see if anything was offered within your budget which shows a Pool icon?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

This South of Mall property has not yet been reported to the board... we don't really see too much activity in this zone, with users opting for more centrally located zones (and perhaps higher rated hotels)

Let us know what you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

• 7 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]