TPA Tampa Minivan Alamo

sleeman
By sleeman,
in

I'd appreciate any help to try figure out what rental agency this could be? It says "Pick-up location: Off Airport - Shuttle to Vendor" so I'm a little worried about the hassle and if it is very far. Here are the details:

Minivan

Features: Automatic Transmission, Power Steering, Air Conditioning, Air Bags, Anti-Lock Brakes, Cruise Control, AM/FM Stereo

Miles: Unlimited

Seating: 7 adults

Cargo: 2 large, 2 small suitcases

Models: Chevy Uplander, Ford Freestar, or similar*

Pick-up location: Off Airport - Shuttle to Vendor

Deposit method: Rental agency accepts credit card deposits. For debit/check card deposits, the agency may require proof of a round-trip travel ticket.

Know before you go:

Your account will be charged at the time of booking for the full rental amount, including all tax recovery charges and fees.

The rental agency will require a credit card or debit/check card in the primary driver's name. Sufficient credit must be available for a deposit. If you use a debit card for deposit, the agency may require proof of a round-trip travel ticket. Funds used for debit card deposits cannot be accessed until the car is returned. Amount of available credit required depends on car type, rental period, and optional items.

Bringing you rock-bottom priced rental cars means bookings are final (no refunds, no changes, non-transferable).

You will have the option to add additional drivers to your contract at the rental counter for an additional charge.

FYI I booked this rental and it is Alamo.

Here's what Alamo says about the Shuttle:

Shuttle service is needed for rental car pickup at this location.

Flight passengers: Exit Baggage Claim to the "Limousine Pickup" area where the shuttle bus circles every 5 minutes. It will take you to our rental plaza, located just 3 miles away.

Local renters: go directly to our rental plaza at 5311 Airport Service Road which handles all rental transactions.

Alamo and National are both located in the same location on Service Road, which is in the airport grounds; the shuttle runs every few minutes between the terminal and the rental counter, so it is not that big a deal, and the ride is less than 5 minutes. The other rental agencies (Hertz, Enterprise, etc) are located within 50 meters or so of the terminal, so you just walk up, check in, grab your car and go.

I have used both the walk up, and shuttle at TPA... and given the choice I would just take the walk up (no loading and unloading on the shuttle, tipping the driver, waiting for other passengers, etc)... But the shuttle is not that big a deal. If I could save $20 on a rental using the shuttle, I'd do it.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]