Priceline Hotel: Help with Niagara Falls hotel bidding

Tash79
By Tash79,
in

Hiya,

I was hoping someone could help me with bidding strategies for Niagara Falls.

We will need 3 nights from May 21st to May 24th, hoping to pay between $50 - $90ish per night.

I would like a 4 star but if 2 stars is all we get then that's fine too.

Any suggestions on strategies??

Thanks!

From your post it appears that you're willing to pay more for a higher rated hotel, so that you'd like to bid up to your limit for a 4*, if that is rejected start over for a 3.5*, etc. If this is correct...

At the 4* level you have THREE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 4* Niagara Falls...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Niagara Falls and re-bid zone2...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Niagara Falls and re-bid zone3...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Niagara Falls and re-bid zone2 and re-bid zone3...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was looking at similar dates in Niagara (27th-29th). After trying lots a bids a few months ago, Priceline is "offering" me 4* in zone 1 Niagara "Niagara Falls" for $79 on the basis that it was a previous winning bid. Might be useful to provide you with some sort of basis :-)

My recent bids of $50-$79 for a 4* on those dates has been rejected, however.

Great information, thanks for your replies. I will use the links on this site to book and update you all when I get a win.

Collinhack do you have an idea of which hotel this may have been? Also, is the 'fallsview' area just another name for downtown Niagara Falls or is it a totally different area?

Thereuare, if it's not too much to ask would you mind helping me with bids for 3 star places?

I would rather have a 3 star hotel for $40 than a 4 star for $80.

Thanks again for all your help!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again,

Just reporting that I haven't had any luck with the suggested bidding strategy :)

Unfortunately it's a long weekend so I don't think I will get a bargain on a 4 star hotel.

I think the best thing to do is go after a 2 or 3 star hotel for a cheaper price (say up to say $65)

Can anyone help with a strategy?

Thanks !

To be honest thereuare I'm not too fussed about the hotel, I'm all about saving as much as possible on the room.

The 2 star hotels in Niagara on your Priceline list are perfectly adequate for my needs. Really just looking for somewhere to sleep that is clean & cheap.

If I can get 4 star for $50 then great, but that's not really realistic for that weekend so 2 or 3 star is fine.

Your budget may be tough for these dates, but you have nothing to lose by trying :)

At the 3.5* level you have THREE re-bid zones, at the 3* level you have TWO re-bid zones, at the 2.5* level you have ONE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 3.5* Niagara Falls...

Bid $35, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $40, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Niagara Falls and re-bid zone2...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $50, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Niagara Falls and re-bid zone3...

Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $55, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Niagara Falls and re-bid zone2 and re-bid zone3...

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $60

If the above is rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Niagara Falls...

Bid $35, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $40, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Niagara Falls and re-bid zone2...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $50

I'd start with the above and see how it goes.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I would update you guys on my plans. After a couple of weeks of unsucessful bidding & rebidding I ended up booking direct with The Courtyard for $99 + tax per night.

The highest I bid was $95 on a 3 star!!

It's a REALLY busy weekend so I figure I still got an ok deal :)

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Tash

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]