3 ppl to a room. Bed types?

skicrazy72
By skicrazy72,
in

• 3 months later...

Hotwire cannot gaurentee the number of beds in the room... but it does guarentee there will be accomodations seen fit to suit the number of guests booked.

More often then not, its 2 queen beds. But it could be a number of options... Including but not limited to:

2 queens

2 kings

2 full size

2 twins

1 queen and a hideaway

1 king and a hideaway

• 3 weeks later...

We just had a trip where our room had only a King bed and a small sofa bed. The room was booked for 4 people (2 adults and two kids ages 9 &12). It can happen. The hotel was an All Suite hotel with just sing King beds (and kitchenettes to make it a suite). I called Hotwire because I was surprised. I was told that a King bed and a sofa bed will sleep 4 people.

• 4 months later...

Quite recently there's been a feature added to allow Bed Choice. This is available on some rates as a blue icon with a stick figure in a bed that says Bed Choice. You get to select how many beds in the room, for usually about $2-$5 more.

Otherwise, all reservations go through as "run of the house" based upon availability at check in.

Adversity is like a flame, it melts the weak and tempers the strong.

I had booked 2 adults and 2 children and rec'd a room with two full size beds. THese full size beds DID NOT fit more than two adults; one on each bed but hotwire insisted two people could sleep on each bed and that this room was adequate for four people. In actuality we had 5 people (2 adults and 3 children). We made the best of it by going to walmart and purchasing two airbeds for 10 bucks each and had the little one on the floor with blankets since she did not want to sleep on an airbed. I was not going to pay 30 dollars per night per bed for a rollaway that probably wouldnt fit in that room anyway. THe next time I booked this hotel i was sure to book two rooms for the five of us and the kids enjoyed having there own room even though they were not next to us and we enjoyed our room with a King size bed (when sleeping we had the youngest in our bed but during the day she hung out in her siblings room and enjoyed it). The only reason I was able to book two rooms and afford it the following time though was because the price was actually cut in half for the same hotel during the same time frame as our last stay. It was a four star hotel which I was splurging on us at least I thought so at the time by staying in a nicer hotel. We all agreed that we would have rather stayed at a lower star hotel and have two rooms than this four star hotel and only have one.

I say either book two rooms or come prepared with an air bed. You can get them cheep and use them over and over again. You can also buy them in different sizes and heights so they can be quite comfy. My kids love them and I love the savings. I only do this when I am not looking for privacy though, otherwise we get two rooms. I understand it can get tricky when traveling with kids so i hope it works out for you.

In the past Ive also had three people in one bed but the third person was our young child so it was fine and the bed was King size. It was booked as a triple occupancy with 2 adults and one child but we were given the option of two full size beds or one king and took the king.

Recently on Hotwire when I have put in 2 adults and 2 children they insisted that I needed two rooms; priceline has done this also. I had to change the search and make it for only 2 adults to continue without the searches including two rooms.

Hmm...well from past experiences I know you can only book 4 people per room, anything higher than that it makes you get another room. As far as beds go, it's about 50/50 from general opinion whether a full size bed will accommodate 2 people, but when looking at it compared to a queen size bed, there doesn't seem to be all -that- much difference. A queen is a little longer, and a little wider, but from what I've looked up only gives couple more inches of room between people.

Of course, for someone as tall as I am, and especially for others traveling for business....no one wants to share a bed, so I can certainly understand that.

Adversity is like a flame, it melts the weak and tempers the strong.
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

I have a slightly different question.  If I purchase a room for 3 or even 4 people would that guarantee me a room with two beds? Most of the time when I travel, I need to beds. Up till now that excluded using Hotwire.  If selecting 4 adults would always get me two beds, I would use Hotwire more.

I have a slightly different question.  If I purchase a room for 3 or even 4 people would that guarantee me a room with two beds? Most of the time when I travel, I need to beds. Up till now that excluded using Hotwire.  If selecting 4 adults would always get me two beds, I would use Hotwire more.

If you indicate more than 2 people, you should get some form of bedding for the entire party. That may mean 2 beds, 1 + sofa or 1 + rollaway.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

• 2 months later...

Just noticed some curious pricing.  Did a search for two adults as usual.  Then changed the search to 3 adults.  The price for what looks like the same hotel dropped by $1.  I thought it might be a coincidental price change at that very moment, so I repeated the searches.  Same result.  Any idea why 3 adults cost less than 2?

HOTWIRE will often fluctuate their pricing by a dollar or two from one search to the next, this is nothing uncommon. The hotel you're currently seeing likely doesn't charge more for 2adults vs. 3adults, so you're just seeing normal HOTWIRE price fluctuations.

If you need help with, or to report a win for, your current stay please start a NEW TOPIC (or continue/conclude your Hotwire Atlanta thread if this is the stay you're currently referencing in the search above)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

A useful option I used recently is the suite options listed in the amenities.  I got a 2 bedroom suite for Orlando, sleeps 6!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Congrats on your success and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Can you post the details of the win as a separate thread? Thanks.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]