Priceline Hotel: Redondo - Manhattan Beaches

merxee26
By merxee26,
in

Hey, new to this forum, but already had great help from you!

Anyway, I need some advice on hotels and areas: I am planning to visit LA in September and to spend at least 2 days in the beach, it seems to me that the best area is Redondo - Manhattan Beaches. Howevar I think that Priceline map is kind of spead out- we don't hava a car, so we wouldn't like to be very far from the beach. I checked the rates on Hotwire and these are quite good, however the main question is how to make sure we get a hotel in the walking distance? I think 5-10 min walking is ok, but otherwise maybe we should choose hotel that we know in advance...

Welcome to BetterBidding!

With PRICELINE you can end up anywhere within the shaded boundaries of the zone, and if the zone is too large in that some areas won't provide easy beach access, then PRICELINE is probably not the best option for this stay.

HOTWIRE may still be an option though as you can choose a hotel which shows either the Beachfront or Beach Access icon, and know that it is either on the beach or provides easy access to the best.

Do you have set dates for this trip yet? If so, if you search HOTWIRE for these dates does anything appear with either a Beachfront or Beach Access icon?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I've stayed in this area a lot and if you want to be near the beach, and especially if you won't have a car, you can't beat the Crowne Plaza on N Harbor Dr. in Redondo Beach. It's right across from the marina, a 5 min walk south to the pier & beach, a 10 min walk north to Hermosa Beach (sand is a bit nicer/cleaner), and a 5 minute walk east to the PCH where you can find a lot of restaurants, a grocery store, a drug store etc. There is also a bus stop right on the corner outside of the hotel if you want to go a bit further, and the hotel itself offers a free shuttle to nearby shopping malls.

There are never guarantees with Priceline but I've bid many times for a 3.5* in the MB-RB zone (offering low $40s up to low $60s) and I've always wound up with this property. Currently, you can use Lawndale and Culver City as free rebid zones. The only real risk is getting upgraded to a 4* in Manhattan Beach (although those may be near the beach as well) which is why I never bid much more than $60. The Crowne Plaza also comes up on Hotwire (you can identify it as the 3.5* star with tennis) although HW's rates tend to be higher than PL's.

Good luck!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]