OK for Rental Start Day Before Pickup?

madnes
By madnes,
in

• 4 weeks later...

I found this on HOTWIRE's help section: (hope it helps answer your ?) (disclaimer: I have no personal experience with doing this.)

Reservation changes/cancellations

Can I change my pick-up or drop-off time?

You can pick up your car late -- within 24 hours after your original pick-up time.

All Hotwire hot Rate bookings are final and cannot be cancelled, refunded, changed, exchanged or transferred. You will not be reimbursed for any unused portions of your reservation. However, if an airline problem prevents you from arriving within 24 hours of your original pick-up time, you can cancel your reservation after Hotwire verifies the changes.

If you return your car more than 30 minutes late, you may be charged for extra rental days. Hotwire can only guarantee the quoted rate for the prearranged length of your reservation. The agency rate for additional days may be significantly higher than our rate.

On the other hand, if you have made a regular-rate reservation, you can cancel the reservation without penalty and create a new reservation with any car type you like. To cancel your reservation, log in to your Hotwire account, and click "My Account."

-----------

What if I miss my flight (or it is delayed) and that affects my ability to pick up my car?

Hotwire hot Rate rentals are held for up to 24 hours after your scheduled pick-up time. All Hotwire hot Rate bookings are final and cannot be cancelled, refunded, changed, exchanged or transferred. You will not be reimbursed for any unused portions of your reservation.

However, if an airline cancellation or schedule change prevents you from picking up your car within 24 hours of your scheduled pick-up time, you will be able to cancel your reservation upon Hotwire's verification of the changes. Be sure to include your flight information during the checkout process so the rental agency will be aware of any schedule changes or delays.

For regular-rate rentals, late pick-up is not guaranteed; your car reservation will be held only until the time you indicated you would pick up the car. The rental agency may have a car available at the estimated rate even if you are late, but policies vary.

------------

Can I cancel or change my reservation if my plans change?

Hotwire hot Rate rentals are final and cannot be cancelled, refunded, changed, exchanged or transferred. Your account will be charged for the total price shown, regardless of whether the reservation is used. This is how agencies better manage their unsold rental cars, and that's a big reason why we can offer you great travel deals.

On the other hand, regular-rate reservations may be canceled without penalty. To cancel your reservation, log in to your Hotwire account, and click, "My Account."

All Hotwire customers must agree to the Hotwire Terms of Use.

Worried emergencies might change your plans? Consider purchasing Trip Protection, a low-cost insurance program that provides trip cancellation/interruption coverage. Protect yourself against medical emergencies, strikes, natural disasters and weather emergencies. You can purchase Trip Protection at any time up until your check-in date. Learn more about Access America and Trip Protection.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]