Priceline Hotel: Miami Hotels

iloveGESUS
By iloveGESUS,
in

I don't know much about Miami Beach, but i would look into which area(s) there are convenient, and if accepting a hotel anywhere within the shaded boundaries of the zone (either on PRICELINE or HOTWIRE) would get you close enough to the things you want to do. As well, South beach would probably be a good location too which should fit the bill.

Once you firm up your plans/dates let us know your desired star rating and budget and we'll take it from there.

Since location may be an important factor, HOTWIRE may be a better (although slightly more expensive) option than PRICELINE, so that you'll be able to take an educated guess as to the hotel, as well as the location, offered.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 months later...

I apologize for forgetting to update this thread. Anyway, I have not bid yet. We have a cruise scheduled for January 2011 leaving out of Jacksonville. The original plan was to vacation in Miami post-cruise (that's why I inquired about Miami hotels here). However, our party is having second thoughts because they do not want to drive 5+ hours from Jacksonville to Miami, especially since this will be our first time in Florida. We are now looking to switch to a cruise that leaves out of Miami. As of now, our dates are not set yet so I will wait to bid on the hotels. Once everything is finalized, I will use the links here to book our hotels.

• 4 weeks later...

I would definitely recommend taking a cruise out of Miami. They are usually cheaper and more variety. I personally love Royal Caribbean. Also, I'm not sure where you're flying from but I usually fly into Fort Lauderdale because it's considerably cheaper as well. You can easily take a shuttle straight to the Miami Port from FLL.

Also, you can stay in Miami Beach or South Beach. If you stay in South Beach (Central, Collins Ave or Ocean Dr), you can walk to the main area with shopping and dining which is Lincoln Rd. There's also another small area called Espanola Way that's also close by. You can also stay in Miami Beach which is a quieter cleaner area, usually with beach access. And you can take the bus straight down to South Beach for 2 bucks (about 10 min).

It is about an hour from the FLL Airport to the Miami port (as well as from the Miami Airport to the FLL Port) so hotels do not offer shuttle service as an amenity, but there are private shared van services which offer this service (they will also take you from one airport to a hotel in the 'other city'... but once you have 2+ people it can often be cheaper to just take a taxi and/or rent a car one-way)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]