Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Newark (Meadowlands-Rutherford) Fairfield Inn East Rutherford

dahammer
By dahammer,
in

I saw that other board members had successful bids in this zone, so I bid $45 at the 2* level and was upgraded to the 2.5* Fairfield Inn.

Your Offer Price $45.00

Taxes & Fees: $14.29

Total Charges: $59.29

I was a little surprised at paying almost 33% for taxes and fees, but it was a good value relative to the rack rate of $139. I think I got the Priceline room: first floor, ice cold upon entry, a TV past its prime, poor lighting and innaccurate HVAC controls. The NJ Transit bus to Manhattan picks up right at the front door of the hotel, but I did not use it. Breakfast was free and had a decent selection.

Used the PRICELINE links on the board to make my bid.

• 1 month later...

Priceline fees are composed of taxes and a fee. The percentage is much less for multiple day stays, but 20% add on is pretty common for low-priced properties such as the Fairfield.

Fairfield M isn't a bad place for the price for that area. I've gotten the Sheraton Meadowlands for $55 and the Holiday Inn Secaucus for $50-$60. Both are much nicer properties, and the Holiday Inn is in a much better area for taking NJ transit to Manhattan.

Good luck bidding.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]